Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2017, 07:32 PM   #1

Pentax 67 problems (please help)

Hi I just got a used 67 body today for $120. I purchased everything else separately.

The left bottom lever doesn't go in all the way. It's stuck down. Won't turn like the other side turns.

Is this a deal breaker? Is something like this fixable? Looks like it was dropped but idk. I'm pretty lost. Never owned one of these before.

Images should be below

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6s Plus  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6s Plus  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6s Plus  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6s Plus  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6s Plus  Photo 
09-20-2017, 08:19 PM   #2

Original Poster
Thanks! How would I get in contact with them? I tried a pm but it says the user doesn't exist. 😔
09-20-2017, 08:45 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Img23 Quote
Thanks! How would I get in contact with them? I tried a pm but it says the user doesn't exist. 😔
Home-Pentaxs

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-21-2017, 07:30 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks!

09-21-2017, 10:07 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I'm guessing that there is an empty film spool inside? If the spool isn't in correctly, it won't allow the pin to lock.
Also, I could be wrong but I think it is not uncommon for the plastic trim on the bottom/back to crack.
09-22-2017, 07:20 AM   #6

Original Poster
Awesome! That's exactly what it was. The spool was in there crooked so it wouldn't close. Damn and to think that's why I got the body so cheap! 😊

I've loaded film now and gone through a roll. Everything seems in good order but I guess I'll know more when I develop the film.

Now I just need to find a metered prism. I used an iPhone app as a meter 🙁
09-22-2017, 08:52 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Now I just need to find a metered prism. I used an iPhone app as a meter 🙁
I'd save your money and just stick with the phone app.

09-22-2017, 11:13 AM   #8

Original Poster
Do you mean because it's ineffective or inaccurate, or because of the cost?
09-22-2017, 12:01 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Do you mean because it's ineffective or inaccurate, or because of the cost?
Because the cost and it's not necessary. You can get by with the phone app and in the long run you will learn more about reading light.
My 67 came with an unmetered prism, so I bought an external meter. That was 8 years ago. Now I have (and shoot) nearly 20 cameras without meters and I haven't used the external meter in years.
09-22-2017, 06:01 PM   #10

Original Poster
That would be nice to not rely on a meter at all. lm pretty good at changing settings first try but that's AFTER an initial reading from the camera.

Street photography is pretty hard for me without the meter so far. Guessing makes me nervous I'll miss those cool shots you only get one chance at. But that's what makes it so fun to do with this camera, and so rewarding if I get it right.