Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2017, 03:41 PM   #1

Fixing Pentax ME - What's first?

I recently purchased a Pentax ME super off of Facebook, it came with a few lenses and a case. The camera itself was locked up. The value was in the lenses. I liked the style of the ME super so I purchased another off of eBay. That camera is a working one but the seals seem to be missing. Order a seal kit off of eBay this evening. What first should I be looking for to keep it working? Should I try to repair the locked up one,or just keep it for spare parts ?

Last edited by Adam; 09-21-2017 at 06:18 PM.
09-21-2017, 08:14 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It seems like the ME is a very common model, so it generally isn't worth it monetarily to repair them.

On the other hand, if you want to see if you can, why not try to repair it?
09-22-2017, 02:09 AM   #3
Pentaxian

If you're going to try opening anything up, first practise on the dead one. The light seals shouldn't require much of that, though.
09-23-2017, 10:06 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ME - MV repairs

A friend gave me a Pentax MV he picked up at a yard sale.
The ISO dial/mechanism is broken. The repair shop said it was a common problem, but after 8 months they still haven't fixed it.
Anybody out there want an MV body with a problem for parts? The only solution is to cannibalize another camera.
I'm keeping the M-50mm f2 though!