Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2017, 08:20 PM   #1
Veteran Member

MZ-M Battery Door

Hello,

Recently I noticed that something similar to a crack developed on the battery door of my MZ-M. Could anyone give some input on
- How bad this is (currently the camera still turns on)
- Will the use of a battery grip FG make it worse (I have recently ordered one but can't find any information on how it is installed, Google didn't give me the manuals)?

Sincerely

通过我的 Nexus 6P 上的 Tapatalk发言

10-06-2017, 09:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
To install it you open the battery door, and there is an extended pice that sticks up in there to make connection to the battery contacts. The grip screws onto the bottom of the camera via the tripod socket to keep it attached.

See below, if you haven't already got a picture of the grip:

Pentax Fg Battery Grip for AA Batteries fits MZ-3 MZ-5 MZ-6 MZ-7 MZ-10 MZ-30 MZ-50 MZ-60 35mm Film AF SLR Cameras MZ-M
10-06-2017, 09:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
To install it you open the battery door, and there is an extended pice that sticks up in there to make connection to the battery contacts. The grip screws onto the bottom of the camera via the tripod socket to keep it attached.

See below, if you haven't already got a picture of the grip:

Pentax Fg Battery Grip for AA Batteries fits MZ-3 MZ-5 MZ-6 MZ-7 MZ-10 MZ-30 MZ-50 MZ-60 35mm Film AF SLR Cameras MZ-M
And the battery door gets folded to the bottom of the camera?

Sincerely

10-07-2017, 03:25 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Using the grip means that the battery door is held in a recess in the grip. It won't move so won't come to any harm. I'll have a look at mine but I suspect you could by a "spares/repair" MZ-M or similar body for parts and swap over the doors if necessary (or other parts of body if necessary)

10-07-2017, 10:33 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I can't really detect the "crack" in your battery door in the picture. All I can see is that it looks a bit like the battery door slot where you use a coin to open it is a bit stripped. If that's what you are referring to, I'm not sure that it will deteriorate any further if you are gentle with it.
10-07-2017, 02:45 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
I can't really detect the "crack" in your battery door in the picture. All I can see is that it looks a bit like the battery door slot where you use a coin to open it is a bit stripped. If that's what you are referring to, I'm not sure that it will deteriorate any further if you are gentle with it.
The small tab that connects the door and the body has a white line on it. I believe that it is plastic extended too far or being folded. I realized that the door is not hinged like modern DSLRs.