Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2017, 04:55 PM - 1 Like   #31
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is no cure because the thrill is in the chase.

10-19-2017, 04:55 AM - 2 Likes   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Cure for LBA? What's that? Sounds to me like a solution in search of a problem....
10-19-2017, 08:09 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Mine is buried in a sub-sub-sub-sub folder marked "Water heater technical specs"
Wow! Great Minds think alike ... Also never leave on PC. USB Encrypted Flash Drive and back up to External Hard Drive
10-19-2017, 09:04 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes there is.

buy another lens.

10-19-2017, 10:19 AM - 1 Like   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You have to be really careful seeking a cure. I haven't bought any lenses for a while but within the last month I sort of went crazy on old metal woodworking planes. I now have a #4, a #4 1/2, a #5, a #5 1/2, a #6, a #8, a #60 1/2 and a #130. You don't need to know anything about planes to see that I simply transferred my LBA to cast iron, steel and rosewood.

BTW, shipping is a killer on cast iron.
10-19-2017, 12:40 PM - 2 Likes   #36

Photos: Gallery
Agree with Alex645 that for some of us "its the squirrel in our DNA". My GAS used to be confined to golf equipment ...having multiple versions of the latest drivers, irons, putters, etc. Then!....I decided to sell off much of the excess golf inventory and rekindle a long dormant desire to get back into photography ...only having 3 film bodies, 5 lens, and a flash from the late 70's / early 80's. After purchasing a KX DSLR and kit lenses ....AND joining this forum....I have added 5 more newer DSLR bodies, 15 lenses, and 2 flashes in the last 2 years. All of the excellent help, suggestions, reviews and advice from the members of this forum are like crack cocaine to a new addict :-) . Thank you all SO MUCH
10-19-2017, 02:01 PM   #37

Original Poster
Thanks for all your advice. Some of the cures seem a good idea and I can always come back to this post for therapy as required. The shakes have stopped for a while after buying another lens. It'll be a good fix for a while I hope. I'm very honest with my other half. Most of the time she just does the raised eyebrow thing. Camera bodies are never noticed as the do look similar so I'm just economical with the facts. Thanks again

10-19-2017, 02:09 PM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Spouses also notice if suddenly one evening you start taking shots of irrelevant subjects, gazing into the front element of a lens, turning the focus ring for no reason, etc.
10-21-2017, 03:36 PM   #39
Veteran Member

The cure is to buy every lens you want!

That sort of worked for me, I am just waiting on the D FA * 85mm.

Just don’t do it like me all in one year.
10-21-2017, 07:34 PM   #40
Site Supporter

It can be cured by deciding to collect specific firearms such as Colt SSA"s, original Winchester's, etc. The cost and the researching of each piece will slow a person down. If that does not work, start pricing custom trap shotguns aka Krieghoff K80's; ouch! Another fun hobby is watch collecting. Unless you get into exotic Leica stuff, the Pentax LBA is a minor bump in the wallet.

Church Key
10-21-2017, 09:36 PM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The 12 Steps of Lens Buyers Anonymous.
10-22-2017, 07:19 PM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Church Key Quote
It can be cured by deciding to collect specific firearms such as Colt SSA"s, original Winchester's, etc. The cost and the researching of each piece will slow a person down. If that does not work, start pricing custom trap shotguns aka Krieghoff K80's; ouch! Another fun hobby is watch collecting. Unless you get into exotic Leica stuff, the Pentax LBA is a minor bump in the wallet.

Church Key
And after you get your C&R....
01-16-2018, 08:56 AM - 1 Like   #43

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Hi Geoffw, there are several approaches you might try:

1. Detoxification. Use just one lens for all your photographic tasks. Sure, it will need to be an excellent one, so it should be a Limited or D FA zoom that you don't already have, the more expensive the better ... go to one of our affiliates to buy one.

2. Medication. Stay so drunk you can't remember your eBay password.

3. Intervention. Arrange a meeting with fellow camera owners - they should bring along their most sought after glass ... the A* 135mm f1.8, the K28 f2, FA 200mm Macro, DCShooter silvered FA* 85, Leitaxed Zeiss Distagons ... and hold them up tantalizingly in front of your face, saying you don't need them.

Glad I've solved your problem!
Been off site a while now. Had a go at number 2 but too old and recovery too painful. But while trying no:2, i had a nice chat and now cured relapse pending. Not gonna buy any more stuff until something breaks. I think. 😉
01-16-2018, 11:41 AM   #44
Veteran Member

I have everything I need.

Or maybe not. Maybe I still need that DA12-24? Or the DA15Ltd and DA21Ltd?

But no, wide is not my style. But wouldn't those Takumar fisheyes be nice, just for something different? And then I need the DA10-17 to be able to compare them.

Oh, but my amigo is also still missing its two mates.

Aaaaaargh .....
01-16-2018, 03:23 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
Yes there is.

buy another lens.
It's not a cure, it's a palliative... it just temporarily treats the symptoms

QuoteOriginally posted by gm4life Quote
The cure is to buy every lens you want!

That sort of worked for me, I am just waiting on the D FA * 85mm.
from your signature:
QuoteOriginally posted by gm4life Quote
Coming once released... Pentax 11-18mm DA HD *
..that didn't work at all!