Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2017, 05:52 PM   #1
Forum Member

Seeking Advice in Troubleshooting 35mm f2.8 Macro Limited

Bismillah

Hello all. I hope everyone is well. I recently have noticed that my beloved and favorite lens while using AF - 35mm 2.8 macro limited HD version - is getting stuck at infinity and making a buzzing noise, especially in live view. Sometimes when I quick shift the lens out of infinity it will find focus. Can anyone please provide any advice on what I can do prior to sending this in for repairs? Thank you and look forward to your responses.

10-25-2017, 06:16 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The buzzing noise could be one of two things: the AF shaft not fully engaged, or damaged gears inside the lens. In either case, the lens will likely need to be repaired. It's also possible that the optics are preventing proper focus. Since the issue also occurs in live view, we can rule out that this is an AF calibration issue.

Regardless, I would try the standard troubleshooting steps of cleaning the lens/camera mounts and re-mounting the lens, just in case.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: