Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2017, 12:08 PM   #1

Pentax k2000 Memory Problem

I got my Pentax a year ago and have had no problems until recently; my photos will not save on as card in format of jpeg/raw etc. Photos I try to take will at first say 'camera cannot display image' and then disappear altogether! What should I do ( I am fairly bew to photography), is it worth getting a new card or should I change the format or re-format the one I have? Thanks guys

11-11-2017, 01:04 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First try formatting the card in camera, and if that doesn't help, format it on your PC. If that doesn't help, try a different card (buy one with the UHS-I designation, I recommend sandisk).

SanDisk 32GB Extreme PRO SDHC UHS-I Memory SDSDXXG-032G-GN4IN

If that doesn't help then there's likely a bigger issue with the camera. If you're looking to replace it, the K-S2 or K-70 would be a fine choice.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-11-2017, 05:47 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I had a K2000 as my first DSLR and I got a message like that when I first tried to use it with a basic low grade card... Switched to a SanDisk ultra card and had problems after that. Nice little camera that gave me back my love of photography...
11-11-2017, 10:00 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
First try formatting the card in camera, and if that doesn't help, format it on your PC. If that doesn't help, try a different card (buy one with the UHS-I designation, I recommend sandisk).

SanDisk 32GB Extreme PRO SDHC UHS-I Memory SDSDXXG-032G-GN4IN

If that doesn't help then there's likely a bigger issue with the camera. If you're looking to replace it, the K-S2 or K-70 would be a fine choice.
Thanks! I will try formatting the card!

11-11-2017, 10:01 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by heinamj Quote
I had a K2000 as my first DSLR and I got a message like that when I first tried to use it with a basic low grade card... Switched to a SanDisk ultra card and had problems after that. Nice little camera that gave me back my love of photography...
Ok thanks so much!
11-26-2017, 08:35 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
I've had my K2000 for a little over 5 years now, and I just experienced the same problem. I was out getting ready to shoot the Christmas lights downtown and forgot my current memory card was full (32GB card). I had a spare (a 16GB card), so I switched them out. I was able to take 3-4 photos, and then it stopped saving my images and the previous ones disappeared.

I tried formatting the card with my camera and then with the PC-neither worked for me. I inserted my old memory card (after I had backed it up) and it now says memory card error. However, I took it out immediately and checked it using my PC-the content is still there, thankfully.

I had just recently switched from shooting in jpeg to shooting in raw. I didn't switch the format from jpeg to raw until after I had inserted the 32GB card and switched on my camera. I still had my camera set to raw when I put the new 16GB card-and that's when my problems started. On a hunch-my stepfather suggested switching back to jpeg, then reinserting the 16GB card and reformatting it in the camera-it actually worked! I took a test shot in jpeg, switched to raw and took another test shot. So far so good...

I hope you were able to get your memory card to work, too!