Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2017, 05:27 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Electronic level display.

I own a K-5. I have selected the 'Electronic level display on. I would like to see it only in viewfinder and top LCD, not in the back monitor. Is it possible? I prefer not to have to push 'INFO' button through 'Electronic level display' to switch the monitor from on to off and vise versa when the 'Electronic level display' is activated.

11-13-2017, 12:02 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the K-5 predates the flyover menus that let you skip screens when pressing the info button, but I also don't think the level display setting affects how the rear monitor behaves. Perhaps you have to have the status screen enabled in order to get the behavior you want. Can't remember, but worth a shot! Maybe some current K-5 owners can chime in with more details.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-14-2017, 01:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm pretty sure that you have no choice but to have the level display on the back monitor when activated. You could always change the button configuration to have something else trigger it instead of the info button. I personally have the Raw/Fx button set to display the level when needed.
11-16-2017, 03:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Elecronic level in back monitor.

My concern is that when I am in a shooting walk I prefer the back monitor to be off. As I mostly do landscape photography I use to have the electronic level display activated. It is useful for me in the viewfinder and the top LCD. When occassionally I turn on the back monitor to change white balance I have to skip the electronic level display, one more press for the INFO button, to turn the monitor off again. But probably as you have said, it is impossible not to see it in the back monitor when it is activated. Thank you all for the responces.

11-16-2017, 10:25 AM   #5

Just a remark, you don't need to turn on the rear display to change white balance, just hit the WB button while the display is off, change the wb as you need and press OK to return to the off display.
Of course, if you need to change a value of something that doesn't have it's own button, you'll have to cycle through all those screens with the INFO button to return to the off display.
11-17-2017, 04:34 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you for the remark Miky, I will try it!
11-19-2017, 02:40 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by miky Quote
Just a remark, you don't need to turn on the rear display to change white balance, just hit the WB button while the display is off, change the wb as you need and press OK to return to the off display.
Of course, if you need to change a value of something that doesn't have it's own button, you'll have to cycle through all those screens with the INFO button to return to the off display.
Your advise is excellent Miky, I have tried it. No need to turn on the rear display to make white balance adjustments on the fly. Many thanks.