Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 19 Likes Search this Thread
02-07-2018, 03:37 AM   #46
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bossmanicus Quote
Well, after much research and some helpful PMs, I decided on a DA 18-135mm.

Unfortunately right after we decided on which lens, we had some unexpected car troubles and had to direct the money there.

Since then the lens has been on the back burner, especially now that I'm looking for a ring for my lovely lady.

Thanks to everyone that helped me though, and sorry if I missed replying to a few PMs, the holidays got hectic really fast. I think we've been sick with colds and flu's 5 times since Christmas!
you have your priorities in the right order imho

02-07-2018, 04:38 AM   #47
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Well, after much research and some helpful PMs, I decided on a DA 18-135mm.

Unfortunately right after we decided on which lens, we had some unexpected car troubles and had to direct the money there.

Since then the lens has been on the back burner, especially now that I'm looking for a ring for my lovely lady.

Thanks to everyone that helped me though, and sorry if I missed replying to a few PMs, the holidays got hectic really fast. I think we've been sick with colds and flu's 5 times since Christmas!
Congratulations on your engagement!

Hope the physical and financial health improves - and that you get the 18-135 in the end.
02-08-2018, 12:45 AM - 1 Like   #48

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Thank you!

We're not technically engaged yet, I'm still getting the ring sorted, but we're both certain and ready as soon as I propose. It's a great time of life!

I'm still deciding on how to propose... although I'm pretty close to certain what I'll do.

And by the way, she caught another cold from work Monday.
02-08-2018, 03:57 AM - 1 Like   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Will the ring make it official? If not, why not give her a zoom ring so she can look forward to the honeymoon?

How to propose? My parents were married on Valentineʻs Day (1951). Why not, a) buy the ring; b) take it to the camera store in advance and ask the manager to put it in the display next to similarly priced optics; c) take her to the camera store on Valentineʻs Day asking for help to pick something out and surprise her with the ring.

Or else, offer her a broken film camera with the ring hidden in the film back. Offer it at a romantic dinner, and sheʻll be so disappointed at first, but then at the "right" moment, let her discover the true gift. If you do either of these, you must name your first child either Alex or Pentax.....love it or leave it.

02-08-2018, 04:01 AM - 1 Like   #50
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
Will the ring make it official? If not, why not give her a zoom ring so she can look forward to the honeymoon?

How to propose? My parents were married on Valentineʻs Day (1951). Why not, a) buy the ring; b) take it to the camera store in advance and ask the manager to put it in the display next to similarly priced optics; c) take her to the camera store on Valentineʻs Day asking for help to pick something out and surprise her with the ring.

Or else, offer her a broken film camera with the ring hidden in the film back. Offer it at a romantic dinner, and sheʻll be so disappointed at first, but then at the "right" moment, let her discover the true gift. If you do either of these, you must name your first child either Alex or Pentax.....love it or leave it.
my wife to be was offered a choice between the ring and a piece of chocolate cake by the waitress

she grabbed both

I got the last laugh - the ring was " used "

by my mother who had died when I was a child
02-08-2018, 12:09 PM   #51
Pentaxian

Just a thought, until you have enough money for a new lens you could always take multiple photos of the inside of the car slightly overlapping each one (like a panorama) and then stitch them together afterwards in your photo editing software to create a wider angle photo.
02-08-2018, 02:15 PM - 2 Likes   #52
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If you do either of these, you must name your first child either Alex or Pentax....
I wonder if little Pentax would get bullied at school. I think she'd be comfortable in her own company, happiest outdoors and a quiet achiever. Her benevolent uncle Ricoh would look after her. She'd grow up and marry a man named Takumar, and they'd live happily ever after.

02-08-2018, 02:25 PM - 1 Like   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
I wonder if little Pentax would get bullied at school. I think she'd be comfortable in her own company, happiest outdoors and a quiet achiever. Her benevolent uncle Ricoh would look after her. She'd grow up and marry a man named Takumar, and they'd live happily ever after.
Isnʻt Pentax on her 4th marriage? Asahi, Honeywell, Hoya, and now Ricoh? I think even with new partners, she will live happily ever after as long as she avoids this one guy named Sony.
02-08-2018, 03:02 PM - 1 Like   #54
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Isnʻt Pentax on her 4th marriage? Asahi, Honeywell, Hoya, and now Ricoh?
I think of Asahi as her real father, and Honeywell and Hoya her increasingly difficult step-fathers.

she will live happily ever after as long as she avoids this one guy named Sony.
Yeah, that Sony guy has a bad record. Poor Konica and Minolta.
02-08-2018, 06:12 PM - 1 Like   #55
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
That Sony has his sensor in lots of bodies.
02-08-2018, 06:21 PM   #56

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
I'm looking for a ring for my lovely lady.
That made my day! I wish you and the lovely lady all the best. Hopefully one day,you can spring for the 18-135mm - it's one of my favourite lenses.