Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-24-2017, 10:39 AM   #1

Ricoh Image Sync App No Liveview

Hello all!

I have a Pentax K1 running on firmware version 1.43 and an iPhone 8+ running iOS 11.1.2.
I have the Ricoh Image Sync iOS app version 1.1.5.

As far as I can tell, this is the latest version of all software and firmware.

I can connect my iPhone to the K1's local WiFi without issue, access the K1 via the Ricoh Image Sync app, and view images from my K1 via the app. I can even control the camera settings of the K1 and take pictures via the Image Sync app on my phone.

However, live-view from the K1 is not streaming to my phone. I understand that I should be capable of seeing my camera's live-view on my iPhone. —But, anytime I switch to the live-view option on my phone, the screen remains black. The camera's mirror will cycle (like it goes to lockup when initially switching to live-view on the camera itself), but reverts back to whatever screen it was on previously with the mirror returning to whatever position it was at.

I have tried initiating live-view streaming to my phone on both the default camera mode and also on the live-view camera mode. Neither results in the camera streaming live-view to my phone, but both allow full control functionality and image-viewing from my phone (so I know there isn't a problem with the WiFi connection).

Are there any known solutions to this? Do I need to have the camera in a specific mode?

Thanks!

Post-script: I am experiencing the exact same problem on my iPad running iOS 11.1.1 and 11.1.2 (updated it)…

Last edited by bnhoj; 11-24-2017 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Added information
11-24-2017, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Turn off Composition Adjust in the main camera menu.
11-24-2017, 11:11 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Turn off Composition Adjust in the main camera menu.
"Composition Adjust" is disabled, but the problem remains.

Still have full camera functionality, touch-screen autofocus, gallery access, etc. — but no live-view on the phone… just a black screen.
11-28-2017, 06:07 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Did you already check out the relating posts in the K-1 subforum?:
Image sync, lost liveview after firmware upgrade? - PentaxForums.com
Problem with Image Sync app on Apple - PentaxForums.com

11-28-2017, 03:43 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bnhoj Quote

Are there any known solutions to this? Do I need to have the camera in a specific mode?…
Your drive mode's on single shot, Bnhoj?
11-28-2017, 10:03 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Your drive mode's on single shot, Bnhoj?
Yes, it is. It's not that it isn't taking pictures — I can change all the settings and take a photo from the phone (even autofocus [though blindly]) — I just can't see live view on the phone.
11-29-2017, 03:28 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes, it is. It's not that it isn't taking pictures — I can change all the settings and take a photo from the phone (even autofocus [though blindly]) — I just can't see live view on the phone.
Ok, I'm out of ideas, Bnhoj.

You will need to compare your experiences to other iPhone users ... I'm an Android guy myself.

12-26-2017, 03:21 PM   #8

"Composition Adjust" is disabled, but the problem remains.

Still have full camera functionality, touch-screen autofocus, gallery access, etc. — but no live-view on the phone… just a black screen.
Problem solved when “Composition Adjust” turned Off.
Thanks for the help👍