Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2017, 09:23 AM   #1

K-1 Firmware 1.43 issues

Recently upgraded k-1 to firmware 1.43. It really messed up the buffer. Some photos did not record. Others looked like double and triple exposures. See attached photo.

After much frustration, i reset the camera to factory settings and “whala” it was back to normal. Even the bar that moves across the screen that says ‘recording image’ was back. Have others had similar issues with the 1.43 firmware upgrade?
Asking advice - is still under warranty. Should i send in for checkup and possible warranty repair?

Last edited by MadNeil; 11-26-2017 at 10:05 AM.
11-26-2017, 10:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Maybe you misconfigured a setting, as ist hapened to me recently. I switched on multiexposure instead of the changing the focuspoint. There is no connection to the firmware version
11-26-2017, 10:10 AM   #3

Original Poster
Possible. I will switch on multi-exposure and see if I can replicate what happened. Appreciate it. See newly attached photo.
11-26-2017, 10:47 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just in general, whenever doing firmware updates, doing a "reset" back to defaults is a "good" idea. The downside is it may be a pain if you loose a bunch of customization. For example, not sure if it would wipe out lens profile info on fine adjustments, so would make a note of that type of stuff as best as possible. The reason why I say it is "good" is because there can be changes in the firmware that aren't fully compatible with the old firmware settings, and at the risk of over simplification, the new firmware might get a left over value that results in a configuration that doesn't work as expected.

11-26-2017, 10:49 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MadNeil Quote
Recently upgraded k-1 to firmware 1.43. It really messed up the buffer. Some photos did not record. Others looked like double and triple exposures. See attached photo.

After much frustration, i reset the camera to factory settings and “whala” it was back to normal. Even the bar that moves across the screen that says ‘recording image’ was back. Have others had similar issues with the 1.43 firmware upgrade?
Asking advice - is still under warranty. Should i send in for checkup and possible warranty repair?
I agree, sounds like inadvertent activation of the multiple exposures drive mode.

I recommend setting C20 to prevent accidental changes via the 4-way controller.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-26-2017, 01:36 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I recommend setting C20 to prevent accidental changes via the 4-way controller.
That's quite a good idea, i did it after my accident
11-26-2017, 02:51 PM   #7

Original Poster
Everyone-thanks for the advice. At the risk of sounding dumb, I can't tell the difference in AF setting function when changing C20 from (1) to (2). Instruction book didn't help much. I took your advice and changed it to (2).