Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2017, 01:34 PM   #1

What are the best settings for speed in continuous shooting K-5.

Beginner help and Troubleshooting please.
I'd like to know, step by step, how to switch Off anything that slows down continuous shooting mode, and best settings to use for this, plus saving them in User mode please.
Sometimes 'fast shooting doesn't happen in my K-5 for some reason something is holding it back and I get occasional camera freeze then have to take out the battery and replace it to fix this.
I have read something by TER-OR posted 06-05-2013, (thank you TER-OR) and now need to know how to find where I switch off Lens correction etc.
I think I have saved the basics in a User mode but does this work with different lenses? eg. one lens does not show F stop and one burst shoot I did just never appeared in my playback.
I used TAV mode.

I do need advice step. by. step. please to keep me from getting lost in the manual. I'm spending my life in there.

All the best Pentax lovers,

from

AnnieK5 on Mornington Peninsula down under.

12-14-2017, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

The easiest way to access these settings is from the Control Panel ....press the Info button when the Status Screen is displayed. You use the 4-Way controller to move around and the OK button to select the setting to change.

You should switch off Distortion and Abberation corrections.

Last edited by mcgregni; 12-14-2017 at 01:55 PM.
12-14-2017, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The card should be fast but that's in 5 years ago terms. Probably something labeled class 10 is fine. Press the Info button until you get a screen with the time and date at the bottom. That has lots of the settings you need. You can turn everything in the middle 8 boxes off, Highlight Correction to HDR. JPEG will be faster because the camera should be able to write the files to the card faster. I think the K5 is supposed to be able to continuously shoot JPEGs in high speed until the card is full. You can switch to manual focus so the camera doesn't have to think about AF. That's about it.
12-14-2017, 03:44 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AnnieK5 Quote
Beginner help and Troubleshooting please.
I'd like to know, step by step, how to switch Off anything that slows down continuous shooting mode, and best settings to use for this, plus saving them in User mode please.
Sometimes 'fast shooting doesn't happen in my K-5 for some reason something is holding it back and I get occasional camera freeze then have to take out the battery and replace it to fix this.
I have read something by TER-OR posted 06-05-2013, (thank you TER-OR) and now need to know how to find where I switch off Lens correction etc.
I think I have saved the basics in a User mode but does this work with different lenses? eg. one lens does not show F stop and one burst shoot I did just never appeared in my playback.
I used TAV mode.

I do need advice step. by. step. please to keep me from getting lost in the manual. I'm spending my life in there.

All the best Pentax lovers,

from

AnnieK5 on Mornington Peninsula down under.
'

Hi Annie,

The manual's meant to be a reference, not to learn from ... I think you'll find this much more friendly!

Pentax K-5 e-book

Cheers,
Ian

12-14-2017, 06:57 PM - 1 Like   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Make sure you disable distortion corrections - that's what adds the most processing time and kills your framerate. Everything else is negligible in comparison.

You'll get the most frames in JPEG mode, but the buffer size in raw is also workable. I wouldn't recommend raw+ simply due to the limited buffer size.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-15-2017, 12:56 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
The easiest way to access these settings is from the Control Panel ....press the Info button when the Status Screen is displayed. You use the 4-Way controller to move around and the OK button to select the setting to change.

You should switch off Distortion and Abberation corrections.
Great thanks, downloaded to read.

---------- Post added 12-15-17 at 12:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Make sure you disable distortion corrections - that's what adds the most processing time and kills your framerate. Everything else is negligible in comparison.

You'll get the most frames in JPEG mode, but the buffer size in raw is also workable. I wouldn't recommend raw+ simply due to the limited buffer size.
Okay and thank you.