Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2017, 08:26 AM   #1

Pentax 67 - weird problem

Hi there, I have a love-hate relationship with this camera. I bought it recently, and this what I got from my last roll of film. Some pics great exposed, some looks like curtain didn't fire properly or mirror didn't fire too. Do you have any idea, whats wrong?

Thanks and appreciate your help.

Attached Images

12-21-2017, 11:22 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, it does look like your shutter is slow. Did you record any of your shutter speeds to potentially isolate the shutter speeds where this might be occurring with greater frequency. A potential test you could do is run a roll of film at different shutter speeds to see if you can isolate the problem -- it might occur only at certain shutter speeds and you might just have to avoid those. Also do this with mirror locked up to rule out any mirror problems.
12-21-2017, 09:10 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for this!
12-22-2017, 05:13 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Shutter capping

This problem is called "shutter capping". The first curtain is slow and overtaken by the second curtain. I have experienced this on my Pentax 67 II when shooting at temperatures at or below the freezing point. It happens at 1/1000, 1/750 or 1/500 sec, but is hardly visible at longer shutter times.

1/1000 @ F4.0

1/350 @ F5.6

12-23-2017, 03:39 AM   #5

Original Poster
thanks for this!