Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
01-20-2018, 08:39 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I second the K5 suggestion. I got one as a backup camera. It's pretty good. The only downside I've found is that the screen resolution isn't as nice and the shake reduction seems less effective than on the K-50.

01-20-2018, 11:29 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well now that your K-30 is being repaired, it should hold you for a good while. I think it is a wise move. This will make it a salable item after you've saved for an upgrade. In the meantime, the price of a new KP should come down yet more, which would definitely be an upgrade in many ways. If you hang on until the end of its model run, you could get one at a reduced closeout price to clear inventory for the next model. The info regarding design and its essentially metal-body pro-level construction has been the KP is not prone to the aperture failure problem.
01-21-2018, 04:02 AM   #18
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
my advice

1 do your research and seek advice [ I really liked my K 5 II ]

2 figure out what you want

3 check possible sources, most importantly, the Market Place

4 be ready

5 pull the trigger asap when you see what you want

I think you know may how necessary it may be to act fast in the Market Place