Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2018, 05:39 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My ks2 AWB raw is always about +30 tint

It wasn't aways that. Could i have changed a setting? My camera had a water problem but i think it happened after shooting into the sun. I don't find anything wrong with pictures and shooting raw it is annoying. My flash color test in a previous post was corrected to 5600k but was close to what i had in raw yet i went to 0 from around +30 tint.

01-30-2018, 06:28 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like an issue with the raw converter perhaps?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-30-2018, 06:45 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
So what would that mean.i l lnow i know. Submit a picture. Coming soon.
01-30-2018, 07:11 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What RAW converter are you using? Is it possible you have a default import setting there that is causing the tint?

If not, try RAW+ and compare the jpeg and the RAW to see if there is any different.

If both RAW and jpeg have the issue, try resetting the camera to defaults.

01-30-2018, 09:15 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Using photoshop 6.
What would the comparison of raw and jpg show?
I didn't think about photoshop settings changing. Will look into that.
01-31-2018, 08:43 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
What would the comparison of raw and jpg show?
The jpg should show what you see on the camera screen. The RAW will show the computer software's interpretation of the image. Thus indicating if the issue is a camera problem or computer software problem. If they are different then the problem is on your computer, if they are the same then the problem is on the camera.
01-31-2018, 03:52 PM   #7

I had a similar problem on one shooting day with my K3 in a humid environment (heavy overcast, not raining but very humid). I was using both the 300 f4 and the 60-250. It put the AWB at 9200k when proper white balance was somewhere near 6500k. Everything else was fine. I cleaned the contacts on the camera and the lenses that evening as part of a regular routine and ensured that the camera sat in a plastic bag overnight with several desiccant packs, Next day it worked fine; haven't had any problems since. It was a mystery to me then, it is still a mystery to me today.

03-25-2018, 02:21 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
On my KS2 the photo saved as RAW but when i open in the computer windows 10 the type of file is .jpg ( JPEG ). I can preview in the camera as RAW.
How to convert to .PEF or .DNG and edit in the windows 10 photo editor or Fotor photo editor?
03-25-2018, 03:13 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

How are you transfering the files from camera to computer? After transfer, open the folder on your computer. What is the file extension?

There is little point opening a raw file in windows10 photoviewer. I don't know what you expect to see, but raw files need to be converted to another format such as jpeg or tiff. i don't know about Fotor , but I dont think Windows photo editor can convert raw files.

Last edited by pschlute; 03-25-2018 at 03:22 PM.
03-26-2018, 06:00 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Putting the SD card in the card slot of my desktop computer win 10. Open in the picture file folder and the type is like M..1111.jpg ( this is a JPEG extension ), when i uploaded in the microsoft photo editor it is also .jpg extension, also in fotor photo editor Why not pentax .pef is not carried over? What is the trick you are talking about? Is there a need of file converter?

---------- Post added 03-26-18 at 06:49 AM ----------

What is the best to install a photo viewer ( for raw ) on computer or subscribe to google drive to store raw files? But before storing to google drive, i must upload to computer but computer converted to jpeg. Give me the best option that can upload to computer and edit in microsoft photo editor, thks.
03-26-2018, 04:51 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How are you transferring the pictures to your computer? What software are you using? File explorer and dragging or something else?

Also why do you want to edit in RAW? Unless you have a need to do that there is nothing wrong with shooting in jpeg, minor edits to jpegs are still fine.

QuoteOriginally posted by Penview52 Quote
What is the best to install a photo viewer ( for raw ) on computer
FastStone might work for your needs: FastStone Image Viewer - Powerful and Intuitive Photo Viewer, Editor and Batch Converter