Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2018, 03:03 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Those who use the battery grip: air gap?

Hello,
I just bought the K-1 and battery grip. When I attach it, I can see light between them even I have the grip pretty tight. Is this normal? I'm concerned that the power contacts don't meet. Should I send it back, or is this normal? Thank you very much.
Terry

01-31-2018, 03:07 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I do believe it's normal. The connector has its own weather seal, so that shouldn't be a concern.

As for the battery in the grip, you should be able to see its power level via the camera menu, indicating that there is a connection.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-31-2018, 03:39 PM   #3

I looked on my K1, K3 and K5. All have grips and you can see a bit of light through them all. Adam is correct the seal is around the connectors, This has been the Pentax design for some years.
01-31-2018, 03:54 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
That' great to hear. I really like having it. Thank you both.
Terry

01-31-2018, 05:40 PM   #5
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TerryL Quote
That' great to hear. I really like having it. Thank you both.
Terry
Yes mate, it's normal, and mine has worked fine through storms and all. The query has come up before: Battery grip D-BG6 issue - PentaxForums.com and I guess it will again.

Tas