Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
02-12-2018, 09:57 PM   #1

Mysterious line flaw in some digital images

Wondering whether anyone on the forum has any ideas about this anomaly in images from my wife's K-01.

Images have a thin line down the left side, and both RAW and Jpeg images from the same shot have the line.

I thought initially it was a flawed image sensor, but the mysterious thing is that the line is not always there - please take a look at the two images below, which were taken consecutively and within two seconds of one another. The first one has the line, the second one does not.

Would be grateful for any suggestions, especially as to the likelihood of whether this can be fixed or not.

Many thanks.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
02-12-2018, 10:25 PM - 3 Likes   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi, and welcome to the forums. Sometimes the SD card itself becomes corrupted and can present issues like this. If the contacts on either the card or camera are damaged/dirty, this can happen. Try a new card 1st, and see if the problem persists. Good luck.
02-12-2018, 10:53 PM - 1 Like   #3

Original Poster
I've just swapped out the SD card and shot a few, and so far none of them seem to have the line on them, so your diagnosis seems to have been exactly right. Your kind response has saved me a great deal of trouble - many thanks!
02-12-2018, 10:56 PM - 1 Like   #4
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Enantiodromia Quote
I've just swapped out the SD card and shot a few, and so far none of them seem to have the line on them, so your diagnosis seems to have been exactly right. Your kind response has saved me a great deal of trouble - many thanks!
Most welcome. I hope that your issue is solved. Good luck.

02-13-2018, 12:21 PM   #5

Good to know. I would keep this SD card because I kinda like the effect.