Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2018, 10:10 AM   #1

replace broken glass cover on top lcd setting display

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I recently cracked the thin glass cover on the top of my k-3ii lcd settings display. The lcd display works perfectly.I contacted precision camera and video in Austin, Tx for repairs. I was told they couldn't order a part for it. I searched online and sent an email to Ricoh imaging. They replied that my contact information had been received. When I didn't hear from them I called the phone number they sent me 800-234-0276. I spoke with Anton who told me they could not order or send any parts for a Pentax camera. I could go to precision.com/ricoh and send my camera in for repairs. I'm stunned... is there really no other way then to be without my camera for sometime just for a dinky little glass cover replacement.
Thanks, Bill

02-15-2018, 12:27 PM   #2
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You might try here, for the replacement glass:

Digital Camera Parts for Pentax K | eBay

Perhaps there's a camera store near you that could replace it, if you have the glass.
02-15-2018, 01:00 PM   #3

USCamera.com has the window and clear tape to go over it both showing in stock.

Pentax K-3 K-3 II Top Cover LCD Window. Genuine new Pentax USCamerUS Camera
Pentax K-3 K-3 II Top Cover LCD Window Tape (77760-A0303)US Camera
02-15-2018, 01:11 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blb511 Quote
I contacted precision camera and video in Austin, Tx for repairs. I was told they couldn't order a part for it.
Ricoh/Pentax only sells parts to authorized repair shops.

When I didn't hear from them I called the phone number they sent me 800-234-0276. I spoke with Anton who told me they could not order or send any parts for a Pentax camera.
The number is for Ricoh N. America customer service. Ricoh does not sell parts to private individuals either.

I could go to precision.com/ricoh and send my camera in for repairs.
I'm stunned... is there really no other way then to be without my camera for sometime just for a dinky little glass cover replacement.
USCamera has the window and the tape...

You searched for pentax k-3 - US CameraUS Camera

Steve

02-16-2018, 08:54 AM   #5

Original Poster
Once again, Thanks to all of you for your quick replies. I will contact USCamera. Bill

---------- Post added 02-16-18 at 10:24 AM ----------

quick question. Is this a fairly straight forward procedure to replace the glass cover? I have ordered the tape and glass cover from US Camera. I would think that using a hair dryer on low to soften the old tape, remove broken glass, remove old tape, apply new tape, and place in new glass. If you respond with better to take it to a camera repair place, then that's what I'll do. Thanks again, Bill