Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-26-2018, 06:16 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

O-RC1 problem

FIXED: Being a little dim witted and too rushed. There's a custom AF with Remote Control that I'd missed. The direct comparison I thought was obviously not as directly camparable as I thought. I'd set up the new camera straight into my 5 user modes and I'd missed this one. Careless ... Sorry for wasting readers time ...

Interesting one this... First off it's not the O-RC1 as I've tried two.

Two different K-1s behaving differently with remote. Each K-1 configured the same. Same firmware. Configured for this test with remote/MUP.

So far tried DFA 100 and 50 macros and an FA limited. All exhibit the same behaviour.

The issue: The top button which should focus and then flip the mirror up, focuses on one K-1, but on the second it doesn't focus - it just flips the mirror. They both focus fine with the middle button. The 'failing' K-1 is brand new.

So why might the new K-1 not focus with the top button ?

Any ideas, please, coz I'm confused...

Many thanks

Last edited by BarryE; 02-26-2018 at 09:34 AM.
02-26-2018, 07:25 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you completely reset the camera to defaults?
02-26-2018, 09:37 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Have you completely reset the camera to defaults?
Hi UncleVanya, I've worked it out. Thanks for helping. I'd missed a setting that I'd clean forgotten about. I've edited my initial help request ...
02-26-2018, 03:12 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BarryE Quote
Hi UncleVanya, I've worked it out. Thanks for helping. I'd missed a setting that I'd clean forgotten about. I've edited my initial help request ...
Glad you found it! Phew!