Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2018, 01:58 PM   #1

k 1 100 Software

Hi, I have just bought a K 1 and it came with a CD which I assume had Software and drivers for downloading, my laptop does not have CD reader, does anyone know if I can download the required material anywhere?

Cheers Doc

03-08-2018, 02:04 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nothing required on the CD as far as I know. I've never taken mine out of the box. I assume it would have a copy of the Pentax DCU software which is OK if you have nothing else but almost anything else would be better.

Anyway here is the download page for both firmware and software: Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING
03-08-2018, 02:10 PM   #3

No drivers are needed. The only software on the CD really is Digital Camera Utility 5. If you have a photo editor that can handle Raw files you don't really need it except for Pixel Shift resolution. Even that can be handled in other programs like Rawtherapee.

However you can download the update files from Ricoh Imaging's support site and install it to your laptop (jump to the last few pages on the PC version for current instructions):
Installing Digital Camera Utility with no CD drive - PentaxForums.com
Pentax Digital Camera Utility (DCU) - How to install it on a Mac - PentaxForums.com
03-08-2018, 02:15 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
except for Pixel Shift resolution. Even that can be handled in other programs like Rawtherapee.
...and Silkypix DS Pro.

03-08-2018, 03:14 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the help guys.
Doc
05-27-2018, 03:58 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Doc 1954 Quote
Hi, I have just bought a K 1 and it came with a CD which I assume had Software and drivers for downloading.
My laptop does not have CD reader, does anyone know if I can download the required material anywhere?
You can download the DCU update from Ricoh and install it without the CD.
DCU 5.51 - Mac install with no previous version - PentaxForums.com