Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2018, 05:57 AM   #61
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pretty funny. Slightly smaller school, pretty much same football team story except I was the sophomore center ‘next man up’ to start; same playing up in State size class. We didn’t have PE - everyone played competitive sports all three seasons. Football, soccer, baseball (soccer was a winter sport .here then). When I got to college I didn’t understand the you didn’t have to play something.

In St. Louis people identify by what High School they attended. Got a new client relationship last week. “Where did you go to School?” UVA. “No - High School.”

03-11-2018, 06:00 AM   #62
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Pretty funny. Slightly smaller school, pretty much same football team story except I was the sophomore center ‘next man up’ to start; same playing up in State size class. We didn’t have PE - everyone played competitive sports all three seasons. Football, soccer, baseball (soccer was a winter sport .here then). When I got to college I didn’t understand the you didn’t have to play something.

In St. Louis people identify by what High School they attended. Got a new client relationship last week. “Where did you go to School?” UVA. “No - High School.”
part of the problem I discovered trying to run a private law firm in a town that neither my wife or I was from

a lot of referrals were lost because people tended to go to attorneys who had a connection some how with the local high schools

" his youngest sister was in school with your cousin go see him " type of thing
03-11-2018, 06:16 AM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
part of the problem I discovered trying to run a private law firm in a town that neither my wife or I was from

a lot of referrals were lost because people tended to go to attorneys who had a connection some how with the local high schools

" his youngest sister was in school with your cousin go see him " type of thing
Even in a larger metro area, (choose your own service as you are committed) Rotary, Church, Boy Scouts, PTO, couple charity boards, Alumni Association, 10% giving - for twenty years - then people will take your calls at least.

People who rail against this kind of ‘closed’ network today just don’t want to put in the time.
03-11-2018, 06:29 AM   #64
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
[ light bulb above head shining brightly ]

I have jury rigged a solution to the problem of the uni loop and possible rough/sharp split rings

it appears it would work with existing Op/tech USA equipment but I am using what I have on hand

the UltraFit Hand Strap with UltraPlate

Camera Hand Strap | Ultra Fit Hand Strap With Ultra Plate

and Joby Camera Safety Tether

Camera Safety tether for backup protection

I take the string section of the tether and feed it between the plastic female quick release and the strap and then feed the attached d ring through the loop

I attach the d ring ( metal ) to the metal split ring

I attach the uni loop male attachment not to the split ring but the attached hand grip

result, hand grip is tight to camera, sling via uni loop connected to hand grip and tether connected to camera and sling

best thing about this is that it is set up the back ups and forget

all safety systems are a go

only draw back is I cannot quickly detach sling, and must remove d ring from split ring to do so

similar to CSA set up but she has leather inserted into split ring in Post # 10

still undetermined should the lens support system be used with the large lenses as suggested by pete-tarmigan in post # 16

Last edited by aslyfox; 03-12-2018 at 02:55 AM.
03-11-2018, 08:10 AM   #65
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Even in a larger metro area, (choose your own service as you are committed) Rotary, Church, Boy Scouts, PTO, couple charity boards, Alumni Association, 10% giving - for twenty years - then people will take your calls at least.

People who rail against this kind of ‘closed’ network today just don’t want to put in the time.
Problem is those from small community who move to different larger community

You can join everything in the world in the new community but it isn't the same as you and your family being from larger community originally
03-11-2018, 02:12 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You'd feel right at home in Adelaide
03-12-2018, 08:27 AM   #67
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
latest update

just heard from CS at Op/tech

matter has been sent to the GM and she will be reviewing it

I expect further response later in the week

Again to be clear

I like the Op/tech system and continue to recommend it

very friendly folks to work with IMHO

03-12-2018, 12:03 PM - 2 Likes   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I spent a lot of years rock climbing, where your life literally depends on various nylon ropes and slings. One thing that teaches you is to double-check those frequently. Any nylon product can abrade over time, and lots of time out in the sun under UV can degrade nylon without any visible effects.
Probably a good practice to check those anchor connectors(OPtech or Peak Design) on a very regular basis. And another lesson from the climbing side...wherever possible, don't depend on a single point of failure, unless that point is massively strong and still checked regularly.