Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2018, 07:58 PM   #1

How do you return to initial setting?

I just purchased the K-70. Upon downloading my first images to my computer the photos were dated 1-2016. I cannot figure out how to return to the initial settings menu to change the date to the present. The manual describing how to set the date assumes you are turning on the camera for the first time. It only explains how to set the date from that initial point. Can someone help this clueless newbie? Thanks in advance.

03-20-2018, 08:33 PM   #2
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bloomie Quote
How do you return to initial setting?
Go to page 36 of the manual, read the last section C4, you will find the item Reset Custom Function, "Reset the settings of the Custom Setting menu to the default"
If you want setting only the Date and Time go on page 44 of the manual, or look at the card indicated by Adam.

Done, bye

Last edited by maw; 03-20-2018 at 08:51 PM.
03-20-2018, 08:42 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bloomie Quote
I just purchased the K-70. Upon downloading my first images to my computer the photos were dated 1-2016. I cannot figure out how to return to the initial settings menu to change the date to the present. The manual describing how to set the date assumes you are turning on the camera for the first time. It only explains how to set the date from that initial point. Can someone help this clueless newbie? Thanks in advance.
The date and time settings are on the first tab of the setup menu:

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-21-2018, 08:34 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The date and time settings are on the first tab of the setup menu:
Adam,
Does this hold true for the K-1?
Thank you,
Terry

03-21-2018, 11:19 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TerryL Quote
Adam,
Does this hold true for the K-1?
Thank you,
Terry
Indeed, and also for just about any other Pentax model.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-21-2018, 12:20 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Indeed, and also for just about any other Pentax model.
Great. Thank you, Adam.
Terry