Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-21-2018, 08:06 AM   #1

K70 WiFi trouble shooting

So after returning a defective k70 i tried AGAIN with another k70 from adorama. Out of the box less than 24 and i cant connect with camera WiFi. I pick device out of settings and enter password provided in menu. I then get in orange words that there is no internet connection. It’s doing this on iphone and ipad. I’m so bummed. Might be me but i know how to do this and it’s one of the few things that worked on defective one i returned. Please help.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6s Plus  Photo 
03-21-2018, 08:44 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My K1 gives me the same message, but it works fine. have you tried using it ?
03-21-2018, 09:30 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Your camera doesn't have wifi to give you access to the internet, it's to give access to the camera from the Image Sync app.
Your mobile devices are simply telling you that using that connection you won't be able to browse the 'net
My K-70 does exactly the same thing but Image Sync works fine over the connection
03-21-2018, 09:33 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When you're connected to the built-in wifi in a device such as a camera, you aren't able to "connect to the internet", which is what your phone is telling you. I.e., when your phone is connected to a wifi network, it tries to connect to apple.com or something on the internet to determine if you have "internet access" through the wifi network you've connected to, and displays that message you're seeing if you don't. In this case, it holds no significance.

As far as accessing the camera from your phone, I believe there is a ricoh image sync app that you have to install and use to download photos and/or remotely control the camera.

03-21-2018, 12:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That message simply says the WiFi device is connected but that device is not providing any internet signals, which is fine. Camera is not a modem or wifi router to provide internet to your phone. But once this connection is established you should directly go to the image sync app of Ricoh and then on right most corner there is a small camera+wifi connectivity type symbol, just press it to activate and then your camera is connected to your phone or ipad (or any android device). Once the connection is established you can access your camera from your device.

Atindra
03-23-2018, 06:31 AM - 1 Like   #6

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, It finally worked out for me. I didn't have much success with the image sync app but found another one with first camera that works better for me. Im so thankful I found this group to help this amateur. What does everyone use to edit after transferring, something fairly easy? This may require another thread. Here is a little sample photo with an editing app on iphone. Thank you everyone again.
Attached Images

03-23-2018, 09:24 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Darktable and Raw Therapee are free, DXO has some low priced basic Raw editing tools available. Search the forums here as there are many more choices, both free and pay software. I got a code for the basic DXO for free here and have used it more than any other, though Darktable is probably going to be my go to in the near future.

03-23-2018, 12:48 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Fotor photo editor for windows is free ( read agreement when downloading ), see it from amazon for reviews. Also see samples of tutorial from youtube videos. Or maybe you can buy it for $10!
03-23-2018, 06:45 PM   #9

Original Poster
Forgot to mention that i have a mac. Do the above mentioned programs work on Mac? I will search the forums too. Thx.
03-25-2018, 06:35 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Fotor should have MAC version for this software- search the web because there is a youtube tutorial video link below:

03-25-2018, 05:29 PM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Penview52 Quote
Fotor should have MAC version for this software- search the web because there is a youtube tutorial video link below:

Mac App Review - Fotor: The Easiest Way to Edit Photos on the Mac! - YouTube
Thank you will definitely check into it.