Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-27-2018, 11:32 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
double exposure problem on K-70

I just received a pentax 50-200mm WR lens this morning I bought from someone on this forum. It happened to be raining(light rain) and cold(35F) but I figured I'd take the camera/lens on a short walk with my dog. Snapped some pics as we were walking along for about 20 minutes, and they seemed fine at first. As I got back to the house I noticed I was getting double exposures. Went inside and switched to a new lens...same problem. Tried a new SD card...no change. Re-formatted my original card with negative results. I noticed when I went to download the pics, my folder Number stayed the same....100_2703....regardless of whether I deleted it or not. I went into the menu and re-set the folder and file number; again no change. Here are some pics:

---------- Post added 03-27-18 at 02:42 PM ----------

Never mind......did a reset and that solved the problem.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
03-27-2018, 11:43 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
The most likely answer is that you've accidentally switched on multiple exposures. This is one of the drive modes and accessed with the > arrow from standby mode (check page 65 in your manual)
03-27-2018, 11:43 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by joelbolden Quote
I just received a pentax 50-200mm WR lens this morning I bought from someone on this forum. It happened to be raining(light rain) and cold(35F) but I figured I'd take the camera/lens on a short walk with my dog. Snapped some pics as we were walking along for about 20 minutes, and they seemed fine at first. As I got back to the house I noticed I was getting double exposures. Went inside and switched to a new lens...same problem. Tried a new SD card...no change. Re-formatted my original card with negative results. I noticed when I went to download the pics, my folder Number stayed the same....100_2703....regardless of whether I deleted it or not. I went into the menu and re-set the folder and file number; again no change. Here are some pics:

---------- Post added 03-27-18 at 02:42 PM ----------

Never mind......did a reset and that solved the problem.
Did a reset, that solved the problem.
03-27-2018, 11:44 AM - 1 Like   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
It's good to know what caused it though, so you can just turn it off next time rather han losing your custom settings.

03-29-2018, 02:09 PM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FWIW, If the double exposures were happening because of the drive mode being changed as Canid suggested (likely), doing a full reset would have set the drive mode back to single frame.