Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-30-2018, 12:05 AM   #1

K5IIS hard to focus if AF set to use centre point.

Dear All,

I recently acquired a 2nd K5iis in order to replace my old and good K20d, but found an issue when setting AF lever to either centre or SEL and select the middle focus point, it is so hard to get focused, most of the time the lens just kept retrieving. However, if I select other points or set AF to auto, it seems has no issue at all. Could it be a hardware issue of some settings I have to change? I have reset the settings in the menu by the way.

Thanks!

Br,
JL

03-30-2018, 04:57 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Most likely there's bit of debris in front of the AF sensor lens in the bottom of the mirror box.

A bit of cleaning with a rocket blower will probably fix things.
03-30-2018, 07:01 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What photoptimist said. I’ve had it happen with several different cameras. A careful cleaning should return the camera to proper function.
03-30-2018, 06:59 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you guys! I have just cleaned sensor and everything back to normal!!