Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2018, 01:01 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Setting the 2 second delay on my K-1.

Hi Folks,
I feel like an idiot for having to ask this, but how do I set the 2 second shutter delay on my K-1? Better yet, where is it in the manual. I have searched the manual, as well as gone through the menus on my camera. I just can't find it. Thank you very much.
Terry

03-31-2018, 01:04 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's in the drive mode menu (accessible via the "up" button on the 4-way pad):

By the way, I would recommend that you read through our K-1 review fully, as I'm sure this will uncover some features you may have missed:

Pentax K-1 Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-31-2018, 01:10 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Just to add to this. If your focus grid is displayed on the rear screen, moving the arrows will only move the focus point. Press the button above the up arrow to get to the correct screen.
03-31-2018, 01:22 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dick897 Quote
Just to add to this. If your focus grid is displayed on the rear screen, moving the arrows will only move the focus point. Press the button above the up arrow to get to the correct screen.
Great, thank you guys. Also, how do I magnify the live view when I am manual focusing? I am testing my 43mm lens, and want to check the lens in live view, while manual focusing, on a tripod, SR off, and a two second delay. Thank you very much.
Terry

03-31-2018, 01:22 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Page 56 of the manual that comes with your camera.
03-31-2018, 01:24 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Center button inbetween arrow keys
03-31-2018, 01:24 PM   #7
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TerryL Quote
Great, thank you guys. Also, how do I magnify the live view when I am manual focusing? I am testing my 43mm lens, and want to check the lens in live view, while manual focusing, on a tripod, SR off, and a two second delay. Thank you very much.
Terry
With live view on press the OK button in the middle of the four way control. Press it again to close it.

Tas

03-31-2018, 01:57 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It's in the drive mode menu (accessible via the "up" button on the 4-way pad):

By the way, I would recommend that you read through our K-1 review fully, as I'm sure this will uncover some features you may have missed:

Pentax K-1 Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews
Got it, thank you, Adam.

---------- Post added 03-31-18 at 02:00 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
With live view on press the OK button in the middle of the four way control. Press it again to close it.

Tas
Perfect. Thank you, Tas. Now my camera is all set up for my lens test, tomorrow.
Terry