Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
04-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #16
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
The filter now is gone! I don't think you'll be able to unscrew it with any traditional method, it's bent so is the thread too. Amen

If you still haven't solved the problem, follow the steps I've posted you before, with some variants,

1. Turn around the front lens of down, and with tweezers (the ones used by women are fine) remove all the pieces of glass very gently.

2. Then with a photographer's pump eliminates any residue of glass / or other material
Insert on the surface of the lens cotton or gauze cut into multiple layers.

3. Obtain a Hacksaw for example,
and after anchoring the lens cuts in half and arrives almost at the end (the border area between the filter and the lens), rotate by 90° and repeat the same operation.

4. At this point, with a medium tweezers you can detach the parts of the filter with great attention to tears.

Let us know how the work is progressing
I think you are correct,

once the OP has removed the filter, he might be able to use the tool in response # 2 to move the lens' threads back to " true " so another filter can be fitted when desired

Last edited by aslyfox; 04-03-2018 at 03:43 PM.
04-03-2018, 10:47 PM - 1 Like   #17

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
since I have very limited number of tools available here (my leatherman) I used a file to saw through the filter, and took care to keep the lens always upside down so no metal dust would fall inside the lens.
And it worked better than I expected! Glass is undamaged and even the filter threads obtained surprisingly little damage. Not sure if I will be able to mount an another filter though.
It was one of those old school filters that was quite thick and absorbed damage better than I expected.

Now I have to go out and test if everything works.
Thanks for the help! This is my favourite manual focus lens and I was planning to use it on some film cameras this summer.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Last edited by Ketsuppi11; 04-04-2018 at 12:18 AM.