Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2018, 06:04 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Help!!! K01 issues!

Ya I know I should be most likely posting this in the K01 threads but I thought if I put it out here then it would get more views and input. I just received a K01 from a member in this forum and it has a certain issue when I mount DC/
SDM lenses on it. the camera basically freaks out, it makes a sound like it is searching for either focus or something to do with positioning of the sensor, it makes a sound from inside the camera about once every second. The rear screen displays that the camera is in Manual mode and I cannot access anything else in the camera.
However when I mount either a manual lens or a screw drive lens, the camera works fine.
Now.....I actually kinda like this neat little camera and it looks like I will really enjoy using one, and I would hate to have to return the camera to the seller, but I really need a solution to make it so my DC/SDM lenses will work on it.
I HAVE done as much research as I could on here but have come up empty handed. folks in here say the camera is most likely not communicating with the lens via focusing contacts. I have cleaned the contacts with my camera cleaning kit, and I even updated the firmware, but no luck there. so.....if anyone in here knows what I can do, I would really appreciate it

04-18-2018, 07:47 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My only thought is the battery might have gone bad. Other than that the most likely explanation is faulty hardware.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-18-2018, 10:26 PM   #3
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There is another thread in the K-01 forum for further replies to this post. Thanks.

DC/SDM issue - PentaxForums.com
Closed Thread