Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2018, 09:53 AM   #1

O-FC1 Flucard - problem reading back images

I was shooting today with my K3II and filled the Sandisk Ultra card in slot 1, so images were written to the Flucard installed in slot 2. While I was shooting, I found that it frequently took a very long time to recall images for review.

Then, when I arrived home and loaded the images onto my computer (using a standard SD card reader via USB), I had no problems with the images on the Sandisk, but many of the images from the Flucard failed to copy, or only copied partially. When re-copying those failed images, some of them took multiple attempts before they copied cleanly. I did, eventually, manage to get all the images, but it was a a frustrating exercise.

Throughout the time the card was in the reader, I noted that the Flucard frequently issued its 'initialisation beeps'.

In case it is relevant, I run Linux on all my computers, but I'm not sure that this is a computer problem, since reviewing images 'in camera' was also exhibiting problems.

Is this a known issue with the Flucard, or is it a recognised failure mode? Are there any steps I can take to identify the cause and/or remedy the problem?

The Flucard is on V00.01.00.01 (card) and V00.01.00.02 (contents) firmware - I can't find any newer.

04-19-2018, 10:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have not seen the same behavior on mine. Although i rarely read from the FLU card.
I have my camera set to write RAW to the card in slot 1 and JPEG to the FLU in slot 2.

can you read it fine if you run a USB cable from the camera to the computer?
are you tryin to read raw or jpeg off the card?
can you see the images fine from the card on the camera?
04-19-2018, 12:10 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Formatting the problematic card might help.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-19-2018, 07:13 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by link81 Quote
I have not seen the same behavior on mine. Although i rarely read from the FLU card.
Same here.

QuoteQuote:
I have my camera set to write RAW to the card in slot 1 and JPEG to the FLU in slot 2.

can you read it fine if you run a USB cable from the camera to the computer?
No apparent problems.

QuoteQuote:
are you tryin to read raw or jpeg off the card?
jpeg

QuoteQuote:
can you see the images fine from the card on the camera?
Apart from very lengthy delays when attempting to switch from capture to review mode, no problems.

04-23-2018, 05:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I agree with Adam, try a format, sounds like there is some corruption on the card.
I can switch to review mode without any issues.