Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-25-2018, 07:31 AM - 1 Like   #16

Original Poster
Thanks it worked. I think about 5 photos were corrupted, but got back 200+. I tried recuva but got no Hawaii photos. It was a sandisk and your suggestion worked. I had to buy a year subscription to save the recovered photos, but a small price to pay to get our trip photos back. No more micro sd in that camera. Again thanks.

04-25-2018, 09:13 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rakester Quote
Thanks it worked. I think about 5 photos were corrupted, but got back 200+. I tried recuva but got no Hawaii photos. It was a sandisk and your suggestion worked. I had to buy a year subscription to save the recovered photos, but a small price to pay to get our trip photos back. No more micro sd in that camera. Again thanks.
Awesome news. Yes, considering the cost of your trip, and the prospect of losing 200+ images, at $40 or .02/photo, Iʻm so glad it worked. I assume it was SanDisk RescuePro Standard edition?
04-25-2018, 09:47 AM   #18

Two important lessons, if you can back up your photos and format any new memory card in camera.
04-25-2018, 10:39 AM   #19
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by spinno Quote
Two important lessons, if you can back up your photos and format any new memory card in camera.
congrats to the OP

on trips, if you can do it

back up often

and back up the back up often

redundancy can be your friend

be sure to carry back ups separately just in case you lose baggage

I have one set with me, one in photo gear baggage and one in other baggage

Last edited by aslyfox; 04-25-2018 at 11:02 AM.
04-25-2018, 11:05 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Glad to hear this turned out well. I've never had such a problem but, like many others, I live in fear that one day it will strike me.
05-02-2018, 10:22 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rakester Quote
This is after the fact but I had a lot of trouble with my K200D when I was using it, mostly with cheaper Lexar brand cards, but I think I had trouble with Sandisk Ultra as well. It seemed I'd get the corrupted card if I took a burst of photos and then tried to hit the preview button before they had all been written to the card. As long as I took the card out right away and didn't take any more photos, I could often get all the photos off the card without using special software. If the corruption happened and I kept shooting, then many programs like Recuva and Filerec could only recover a few files if any. But the sandisk software would recover almost everything, as would another free program I had on my old computer whose name I forget.

After a while, I got to the point where I could sense when the card would be corrupted, and I would periodically check to make sure everything was OK, and I'd always have a spare card handy. I would only ever shoot RAW, and RAW+ would tend to exacerbate the problem.

At one point, I bought a Sandisk Extreme card, and I never had any problems with that one ( and I got a free 1 year subscription to the Sandisk recover software with that card - don't know if that is still offered ). After I got a K30, I never had any problems ever again with any card whatsoever, and I shoot RAW+ all the time.

I didn't know about the firmware upgrade on the K200D until after I stopped using it. If your's isn't upgraded, you may want to consider upgrading it, or stick to Sandisk Extreme cards.
05-02-2018, 10:30 AM   #22
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by arkav Quote
This is after the fact but I had a lot of trouble with my K200D when I was using it, mostly with cheaper Lexar brand cards, but I think I had trouble with Sandisk Ultra as well. It seemed I'd get the corrupted card if I took a burst of photos and then tried to hit the preview button before they had all been written to the card. As long as I took the card out right away and didn't take any more photos, I could often get all the photos off the card without using special software. If the corruption happened and I kept shooting, then many programs like Recuva and Filerec could only recover a few files if any. But the sandisk software would recover almost everything, as would another free program I had on my old computer whose name I forget.

After a while, I got to the point where I could sense when the card would be corrupted, and I would periodically check to make sure everything was OK, and I'd always have a spare card handy. I would only ever shoot RAW, and RAW+ would tend to exacerbate the problem.

At one point, I bought a Sandisk Extreme card, and I never had any problems with that one ( and I got a free 1 year subscription to the Sandisk recover software with that card - don't know if that is still offered ). After I got a K30, I never had any problems ever again with any card whatsoever, and I shoot RAW+ all the time.

I didn't know about the firmware upgrade on the K200D until after I stopped using it. If your's isn't upgraded, you may want to consider upgrading it, or stick to Sandisk Extreme cards.
I have never lost files but when using my K 3 or K 3 II and attempting to review photos on the camera I some times get a message that image is not available

???

as I said, the image is there and I can find it when I transfer files to the computer

it can happen right after I take the photo or if I am reviewing a number of photos, it could show a few then send the message

I shoot RAW in card slot # 1 and Jpeg in card slot # 2

any thoughts ?

05-03-2018, 01:04 AM   #23
Pentaxian

I don't think I ever had a single card problem with my K200D, and I used it for five years. I bought it at the very end of the product lifecycle though, so not only got a great deal but the firmware upgrade which apparently fixed the card corruption problems was all I ever used with it.

I've never had a problem with my K3 either.