Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2018, 04:24 AM   #1

K20D horizontal line on the sensor

I had this issue only on 1-2 pictures. I didn't try another card. What could be the problem ? and any ideas how to fix it ?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
05-10-2018, 06:33 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is most likely a problem with the card. Do an in-camera reformat of the card and see if that helps. If not, try another card.

Steve
05-10-2018, 11:55 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
This is most likely a problem with the card. Do an in-camera reformat of the card and see if that helps. If not, try another card.

Steve
Thank you Steve.

I will try that.
05-10-2018, 04:24 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have had a similar line on my K20D and I think it is the result of some dead (black) pixels on the sensor ( in my case) I have a group of black pixels which shows up as a tiny short black horizontal line which is hardly noticeable, except I see it every because I know were it is! Any how, depending on picture content it is sometimes accompanied by a faint white line across the whole frame as in your picture. Zoom right in on the line and follow it across the frame on some of your effected pictures, you may find some dead pixels, I hope not!
cheers, CC.