Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2018, 03:16 PM   #31
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mine is the Sigma 300 F4 APO/Macro; rather than the DA.

Yes, I've been using their products for many, many years, as they are only 90 miles away.

05-12-2018, 04:44 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
Other people have solved this problem with a sling strap attached to the tripod socket of the lens's tripod foot. Black Rapid and other companies manufacture such a set-up. However, the gear has to be firmly screwed into the tripod socket so it doesn't come unscrewed, resulting in the lens/camera combo crashing to the floor. This also leaves the tripod socket unavailable. Also, Black Rapid's set-up costs about twice as much as OP/TECH USA's gear.
It is possible to attach to the tripod foot and still have the tripod socket available...see the pic below.
Re coming unscrewed, the 'trick' is to put a small spot of Loctite 277 on the thread and you can be sure it will only become unscrewed when you actually do it yourself!

Cheers,
Terry
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
05-13-2018, 01:10 AM   #33
PEG Gallery Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Hielands o' Scootlund....... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand"..............William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
yes there is a bit of wiggle from side to side
I just love technical talk...

That said it might just be down to fair wear and tear and over time with big heavy glass this happens.

It happens in other brands too I'm sure.
05-22-2018, 02:01 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tduell Quote
It is possible to attach to the tripod foot and still have the tripod socket available...see the pic below.
Re coming unscrewed, the 'trick' is to put a small spot of Loctite 277 on the thread and you can be sure it will only become unscrewed when you actually do it yourself!

Cheers,
Terry
Is this the 150-450 lens tripod foot or another lens ?
That sure looks solid and safe though.

---------- Post added 05-22-18 at 05:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I just love technical talk...

That said it might just be down to fair wear and tear and over time with big heavy glass this happens.

It happens in other brands too I'm sure.
Indeed, technical vocabulary has always been my forte at school !

I wouldn't think that "wear and tear" should be a cause here, unless there is a factory defect with a lens that is less than 1 year old ! Then again, who knows?

04-17-2019, 11:28 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Reviving this thread ....

My daughter decided to switch system for a Nikon D750 and (whatever lens she will use with that ???) and she is going to send it to me and see what goes on with it ... she hasn't yet sent it out for "repairs" (if needed).
Now, I am wondering if this is worth my while to get it sent here and "see what happens" ? In any case, it will likely be listed for sale (perhaps on the MarketPlace here) if she ever decides to sell it quickly.

Your thoughts on that?
Thanks!
Edit : lens she will use: Sigma 150-600 Contemporary

Last edited by jpzk; 04-17-2019 at 11:43 AM.
04-18-2019, 05:27 AM   #36
dlh
F.O.G. (fat old geezer)
Loyal Site Supporter

I couldn't help wondering whether the five little tiny screws that hold the mounting plate on the back of the plastic internal lens body haven't wiggled loose a bit?
04-18-2019, 01:26 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
I couldn't help wondering whether the five little tiny screws that hold the mounting plate on the back of the plastic internal lens body haven't wiggled loose a bit?
I am not sure whether those tiny screws have something to do with the loose connection; all I know is that she will send it (lens) for repair, apparently direct to Ricoh Canada?? I thought this was not available anymore ...
04-19-2019, 10:37 AM   #38
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
apparently direct to Ricoh Canada?? I thought this was not available anymore ...
Sun Camera in Ontario is the authorized service center.

Steve

05-01-2019, 06:15 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Sun Camera in Ontario is the authorized service center.

Steve
Thanks Steve.
I'll let her know.
She is presently in Belize doing some bird "banding" with a group of biologists.