Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2018, 04:47 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mass exporting raw files to jpg format

Hi folks: Recently on a vacation trip I decided unwisely (imo) to just shoot RAW and not the RAW+JPG option. Took a whole bunch of pictures. Now, I'm unable to share them with family because converting each one of them into JPEG in my limited experience is laborious. Is there anyway in LR5 where I can mass convert all the DNG images without post processing into the JPG format? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

05-14-2018, 05:05 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Just select all CTRL A and export. If they all need a slight tweak to WB for example PP one then select all and Sync
05-14-2018, 05:15 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mohb Quote
Just select all CTRL A and export. If they all need a slight tweak to WB for example PP one then select all and Sync
Thanks would it be option A on the mac? Appreciate the quick response @mohb
05-14-2018, 05:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Another option would be to copy the DNG on a SD card, put the card back in your camera, and batch convert from the camera. It's not as convenient than batch exportying from LR but this has the advantage of applying all the camera picture settings. You basically get the same thing as if you have shot in jpg.

05-14-2018, 06:11 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks @CarlJF. I'll make a note of it for the future. As for now, I'm trying to shift select all and export them @100% JPG to a subfolder in the same location. Let's see if that works.
05-15-2018, 06:29 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
To all those that helped out. Thanks! I just mass selected all the photos I needed processed to jpegs and exported them to a folder as jpeg at 100% quality. Although the file sizes are still enormous, it worked.