Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2018, 10:06 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photos show in SD card in camera (K3 II) but NOT on computer?

OK - FOUND THEM (see original post below) .... I don't know how to delete this post. (embarrassed) :-)

My first outing with a K3 II -- I noticed that not all of my photos (shot DNG and JPG) are showing up on the SD card when I load it on my computer (directly into the SD card on my Apple desktop) - most of the photos are there, but a few taken around the same time are not.

I can see them on the SD card in the camera. Any ideas why this happened and how I can get them off the SD card? This is a brand new SD card that I formatted before shooting. Nothing like this has happened to me before so I'm totally in the dark. Please help! I had only one SD card in the camera - the 2nd slot was empty.

Last edited by sealonsf; 05-25-2018 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Added more info
05-25-2018, 10:14 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Are you using the USB connection to the camera? Or a card reader? What size SD card is it? Some card readers/computer SD slots will not recognize the higher capacity cards.
05-25-2018, 10:17 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Are you using the USB connection to the camera? Or a card reader? What size SD card is it? Some card readers/computer SD slots will not recognize the higher capacity cards.
It's directly into my SD card slot on my Apple computer. Only some of the photos aren't showing up - the rest are there. The card is an SanDisk Ultra Plus 32GB.
05-25-2018, 10:24 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sealonsf Quote
It's directly into my SD card slot on my Apple computer. Only some of the photos aren't showing up - the rest are there. The card is an SanDisk Ultra Plus 32GB.

It's possible some of the DNGs are corrupted. The camera only displays a jpg preview of the DNG (not the RAW file itself).

05-25-2018, 12:16 PM   #5
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

I have the same thing happen from time to time. Sometimes quitting and restarting Aperture works. Sometimes I coly the files into a "Team" folder on the desktop and import from there.
05-25-2018, 06:52 PM   #6
Forum Member

had this one time as well, K-3 and 32gb sundisk extreme pro- I couldn't read them on my mac, can't remember how i saved those shots (copied them inside the cam from one slot to the other?!) - but to make things short, the original card was unusable afterwards...it was just in use for a month or so, without discussion I was given a new replacement...