Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2018, 08:49 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Issue with built-in color isolation filter

Quick question: does anyone have trouble with the K3’s color isolation filter? My mom asked me to take some shots that she wants blown-up to a decently size to match her decor. Normally I’d use my K7 but the higher MP count on the K3 would lend to a better photograph. Unfortunately when I try to isolate a specific color, the entire shot comes out B/W. What am I doing wrong?

My path:
Info ->digital filter -> Extract color -> Info -> select color(s) and intensity -> shoot the picture.

05-29-2018, 09:13 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have never used the selective color digital filter, but can suggest that the task might be more easily done with a higher level of control using post-processing software.

Steve
05-29-2018, 05:15 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I don't shoot with digital filters but from memory I think your workflow looks wrong. As far as I remember the sequence is to shoot the picture normally, apply the digital filter from the preview screen, and then save the result as a new image.
To use your terminology, something like:

Shoot the picture ->preview -> digital filter -> Extract color -> Info -> select color(s) and intensity -> save the picture
05-31-2018, 04:55 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MrMojo Quote
I don't shoot with digital filters but from memory I think your workflow looks wrong. As far as I remember the sequence is to shoot the picture normally, apply the digital filter from the preview screen, and then save the result as a new image.
To use your terminology, something like:

Shoot the picture ->preview -> digital filter -> Extract color -> Info -> select color(s) and intensity -> save the picture
I never thought of doing it that way. On my K7, I can shoot with the digital filter on. Thanks for the suggestion.