Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
06-29-2018, 01:30 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hallienothailey Quote
So historically, I have been able to adjust the f-stop using the aperture ring to whatever I would like, for example my 85mm prime lens has the adjustable aperture ring with the "A" as well. Now when I have this lens on (this holds true for others as well), regardless of what stop I adjust the ring to, even on "A" it remains at f/1.8. I have tried switching settings back to not use the aperture ring and select it through the camera and this does not seem to work either.

Basically, I expect to be able to change apertures, but I'm stuck at f/1.8 no matter what I do
I don't mean to be insulting, but you do realize that the aperture won't "stop down" until the moment of exposure, don't you? Try setting the shutter speed at 1 sec, and the aperture at f/16. Look into the lens while you trip the shutter. You should see the aperture close down to f/16 and re-open to f/1.8 when the shutter closes.

Are the pictures properly exposed?

06-30-2018, 11:12 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Does the stop down lever work with a lens set at "A"? I have just tried my K5 with a 35-f2 FA lens and the lever (around the shutter) stops the lens down to the predetermined aperture only when the aperture ring on the lens is set on "A". Lenses without an aperture adjusting ring should always stop down manually, if the F is set less than that lenses maximum aperture