Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
07-02-2018, 03:08 PM - 1 Like   #16
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
There are two types. The earlier version for preset lenses attaches with screw threads and secures with a grub screw. The later version is bayonet and is used with auto aperture Komura models.

Edit: The first version was called Unidapter and the second Auto Unidapter. Some online references call the former unimount.
Nice work, Steve

07-02-2018, 03:12 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is inexpensive but the glass looks a bit cloudy in spots to me. If you can't be certain of the mount, don't do it. That is why I had to buy an adapter for Minolta lens so I can use it on my Pentax.
07-02-2018, 03:31 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Nice work, Steve
Accidental. I researched extensively on these early 1960s Komura lenses trying to find information on how to service the focus helicoid on my 135mm. When I saw the bit about Unidapter, I thought maybe the Exakta mount on mine could be swapped out for M42. Alas, mine is fixed mount. I did figure out how to relube the focus though.

Steve
07-02-2018, 04:18 PM - 1 Like   #19
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Accidental. I researched extensively on these early 1960s Komura lenses trying to find information on how to service the focus helicoid on my 135mm.
A not-insignificant portion of the (admittedly limited) lens knowledge I've gained is indirect or accidental, through research for other things The internet can be a wonderful thing, eh?

When I saw the bit about Unidapter, I thought maybe the Exakta mount on mine could be swapped out for M42. Alas, mine is fixed mount. I did figure out how to relube the focus though.
Yes, I've learned to be not too specific when looking for servicing info. Often, different versions of the same lens are remarkably similar in construction, if not looks... In fact, where Soviet lenses are concerned, often a search for something of similar or slightly older vintage from other manufacturers can be somewhat helpful... at least for the basics