Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2018, 08:48 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

K70 Problems

I have a Pentax K70. Yesterday, while photographing birds, after about 30 shots, I began having a problem.

In AE mode, when I press the shutter button, it sounds as if the shutter opens. Then it starts beeping one time a second for 50 seconds and then releases back to where it acts like normal until you press the shutter button again, when it goes through the same process.. I have tried changing lens, changing to different modes such as SV, landscape, etc, but with no change.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or does anyone have an answer to the problem?

Thanks in advance, for any help you may have.

07-10-2018, 09:02 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
What drive mode is it in? Timer, interval, B? The beeping would suggest it's in a timer mode of some sort
07-10-2018, 09:53 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Check the drive mode (right on the four way dail) you may have inadvertently activated the self timer.
07-10-2018, 09:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zoomlens Quote
I have a Pentax K70. Yesterday, while photographing birds, after about 30 shots, I began having a problem.

In AE mode, when I press the shutter button, it sounds as if the shutter opens. Then it starts beeping one time a second for 50 seconds and then releases back to where it acts like normal until you press the shutter button again, when it goes through the same process.. I have tried changing lens, changing to different modes such as SV, landscape, etc, but with no change.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or does anyone have an answer to the problem?

Thanks in advance, for any help you may have.
It is in the single frame shooting mode.

---------- Post added 07-10-18 at 12:22 PM ----------

I went back into the drive mode, changed from the single frame mode and then changed back to the single frame mode again and now it seems to be shooting correctly. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this holds.

07-10-2018, 10:55 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

me too

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Check the drive mode (right on the four way dail) you may have inadvertently activated the self timer.
This happened to me, 2 sec timer. Have no idea what i did.
07-10-2018, 11:15 AM - 1 Like   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's really easy to inadvertently change the drive mode, especially when you're looking through the VF. Sounds like that's what happened here.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: