Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2018, 08:35 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K-30 dial repair/replacement ?

Greetings,

Since I bought my K-30 (3 years ago), the dial has always been defective, but it got more and more defective, and now I can only use P mode and TAv mode, but I would like to use other modes like M mode, Av mode or B mode . So, is there a way I can fix it by myself, or will a professionnal be able to do it?

I apologize for my poor English, as many people it's not my native language

07-13-2018, 08:42 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax Repair Facilities (Wordwide listing) - PentaxForums.com
07-13-2018, 08:54 AM   #3

Original Poster
So I guess I can't do it myself.
07-13-2018, 09:32 AM   #4

It would depend a lot on your skills and having a good toolset. If the parts need to be replaced soldering is likely to be involved. The biggest hurdle will be obtaining parts since Ricoh does not sell parts to the consumer. If you know what parts are need and the part numbers you could try USCamera.com. They sell new parts to consumers. You may have to buy the parts service list for the K-30 the get the part numbers if they don't already have them listed for sale.

You may want to check some of the mode dial repair threads for the K10D as this seems to be an issue with that camera. These threads would give you some idea of what is involved.

07-14-2018, 09:33 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
It would depend a lot on your skills and having a good toolset. If the parts need to be replaced soldering is likely to be involved. The biggest hurdle will be obtaining parts since Ricoh does not sell parts to the consumer. If you know what parts are need and the part numbers you could try USCamera.com. They sell new parts to consumers. You may have to buy the parts service list for the K-30 the get the part numbers if they don't already have them listed for sale.

You may want to check some of the mode dial repair threads for the K10D as this seems to be an issue with that camera. These threads would give you some idea of what is involved.
thanks !