Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2018, 06:57 AM   #1

K5 ii viewing screen

My viewing screen, that is the large screen to view the image and the menus is rather greasy from my perspiration etc. I have attempted to clean it using various methods, done of which has worked.
I am certain that this is not an uncommon problem and many of you would have found a solution. Advise please

07-27-2018, 12:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I also have this problem with my K3, I believe both camera screens are made with the same material, if that problem really bothering you I would suggest you try the cell phone matte protector, with slightly reduced clarity you will get less smudging problem. My problem with the screen is the brightness, I always need to turn up to max brightness to read it under the sun !
07-27-2018, 05:57 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by raf Quote
My viewing screen, that is the large screen to view the image and the menus is rather greasy from my perspiration etc. I have attempted to clean it using various methods, done of which has worked.
I am certain that this is not an uncommon problem and many of you would have found a solution. Advise please
My suggestion is to get an eye glass cleaning fluid or some 91 percent Alcohol. If you get eye glass cleaning fluid, DO NOT SPRAY IT ON THE SCREEN. Spray it on a clean soft cloth and wipe the screen with the soft cloth. Same goes for the Alcohol. put a little bit on a clean cloth and wipe the screen. Turn the cloth to a dry side and wipe again.

I would also suggest getting a screen protector. I use the screen protector from AcMaxx. They are a tempered glass and I am happy with them. You can find them on ebay.
07-28-2018, 05:12 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Sweat on screen?

".. greasy from my perspiration.. "

Use high heeled eyecup or use a thick headband to cover your eyebrow.

For those who has problem on reading text font, change the display color.

07-28-2018, 05:59 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Btw I don't know what material the K3 screen made of, it is so strong that not a scratch on it after 4-5yrs of use, I believe K5 the same.