Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2018, 04:02 PM   #1

Optio S12 Software/Driver Updates

Hi everyone,
I just purchased an Optio S12 from Goodwill, new in original box. I can't seem to install the software disk on Windows 10, can't find any drivers ir firmware updates. Does anyone have any links, or is this one dead on arrival?
Thanks much,
Katherine

08-25-2018, 04:57 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hamiltonkl850 Quote
Hi everyone,
I just purchased an Optio S12 from Goodwill, new in original box. I can't seem to install the software disk on Windows 10, can't find any drivers ir firmware updates. Does anyone have any links, or is this one dead on arrival?
Thanks much,
Katherine
You shouldn't need any drivers to connect to the camera- it should be plug and play over USB. If not, just use a card reader to download the photos.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-25-2018, 05:17 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You can still take photos with it. You don't need the packaged software. Hardly anyone would have used it back in 2008 anyway. The latest Windows 10 update has basic photo editing software now.
So charge it up put in an SD card and share the photos with us.
08-25-2018, 08:54 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Taking a gamble on a digital camera from goodwill, major hats off to you for taking such a risk/gamble lol