Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2018, 11:26 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Fotosnaiper shutter release adaptation

Hello,

I'm really considering to buy a fotosnaiper fs-122(same as fs-12 but with a zenit 122s attached), and I was just wondering if an adapter exists/existed from mechanical shutter release (I hope that fotosnaiper's shutter release is not a special one) to pentax wire controller ; and if not, if I could maybe do something else to avoid moving my fingers from the trigger to take a shot, that would be kind of stupid to have a trigger and not using it.

(I apologize for my approximative english, it's not my native language )
Ps: I hope I submitted this in the right category...

09-02-2018, 01:57 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
First, your English is a lot better than my French.

Second, I don't think there is any existing adapter you can buy. So it will have to be Do It Yourself.

Third, Pentax (Digital) cable release uses the same connector and wiring as Canon so you can use any of the following as a guide.

Photosniper Tair 3 300mm phs f4.5 with a Canon EOS 100D/SL1

Adaptation du Photosniper pour un Canon EOS

Photosniper conversion for Canon 550d | The Zenit Photosniper | Flickr

Hope this helps.
09-02-2018, 04:39 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alfa75ts Quote
First, your English is a lot better than my French.

Second, I don't think there is any existing adapter you can buy. So it will have to be Do It Yourself.

Third, Pentax (Digital) cable release uses the same connector and wiring as Canon so you can use any of the following as a guide.

Photosniper Tair 3 300mm phs f4.5 with a Canon EOS 100D/SL1

Adaptation du Photosniper pour un Canon EOS

Photosniper conversion for Canon 550d | The Zenit Photosniper | Flickr

Hope this helps.
This helps indeed ! I saw for the guide Thierry Hacquard made, but not the others so thanks ! Apparentely, not a lot of people though of it, I can barely find anything on the web related to this...

I'll eventually try and hopefully it'll work