Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-13-2018, 01:55 PM   #1

K1000 film advance lever not engaging.

Hi everybody.

I'm new here and recently new to SLR cameras. This is my first post.

I have a K1000 here which, when you move the film advance lever, it doesn't engage anything, though it remains spring loaded. Other than being spring loaded itbis completely slack.

I've manipulated things with the bottom cover off.

I have another K1000 that works perfectly (and two ME Super, one works snd one doesn't)

Thanks for any insight.

09-13-2018, 02:07 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Play with the rewind button....the little one on the baseplate that you push in when rewinding a film.
09-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #3

Original Poster
The rewind button was pushed in/up when i picked up the camera. It is released now.

The things that the lever would turn were manipulated from underneath. I think the shutter is still engaged :|

Will gave another kook at the release button.
09-13-2018, 04:14 PM   #4

Original Poster
Releasing rewind button only allows me to cock the shutter etc al by manually turning the clogged spindle.

The ratchet mechanism in the lever isn't engaging.

09-14-2018, 06:46 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by theCOOP Quote
Releasing rewind button only allows me to cock the shutter etc al by manually turning the clogged spindle.

The ratchet mechanism in the lever isn't engaging.
I had something similar happen to an SL35, which is cosmetically and functionally similar to the K1000, though (probably) mechanically not in various ways. Anyway I fixed it by removing the wind lever and other bits, then the top plate and applying some oil in 'likely' spots. The hardest part was reassembling but after several tries I got it right and the lever worked for a few more years.
09-14-2018, 02:58 PM   #6

Original Poster
Yeah, I figure I have to get into the top. I need some smaller screwdrivers.
09-14-2018, 08:05 PM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by theCOOP Quote
Yeah, I figure I have to get into the top. I need some smaller screwdrivers.
Make sure they are JIS screwdrivers to avoid burring the heads.