Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2018, 06:03 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Lens support bracket advice.

So I'm starting to ponder getting a long telephoto lens and I'm considering one of the older telescope lenses that started off as rejects from a MANPADS assembly line. (One of these to be specific) The problem is their tendency to flex.

So, what's the best sort of support bracket to get for one of these? Considering the lens in question, I'm trying to avoid a solution that will cost more than the lens itself.

09-16-2018, 07:12 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here is a past post, using a Q. I used the same arrangement for my A 300/f4 with my K5 and it works very nicely.I see that the parts link is not active, so try this...
09-17-2018, 08:49 AM   #3

" problem is their tendency to flex. "

No it is not because it was designed to resist the buckling effect of the lens material used.
Support bracket sometimes you don't want to carry bulky objects.. see whitehouse journalist.. carry only camera with a large lens without support... follow them.