Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
09-22-2018, 05:24 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Penview52 Quote
By Original Poster :

" Thanks, all! Got the rocket blower and a cleaning kit. Rocket blower solved all."

Did the blower remove the dust in the sensor/mirror? Is the photo now clear?

This is the first time I have seen a dust formation which is so arranged in circle in a prefect manner - I doubted the dust formation is not a dust but thermal effect on lens. I might be wrong but response by original poster will erase my misconception that it is not a dust. It reminds me of the song " Dust in the wind " lets have some fun.
The pictures are now completely clear. I could feel some things blowing out onto my hands when I used the blower - like little particles. At any rate, it worked.

09-22-2018, 07:47 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jawats Quote
The pictures are now completely clear. I could feel some things blowing out onto my hands when I used the blower - like little particles. At any rate, it worked.
That's awesome. And now you also know what to do if you ever need to go to DEFCON 1 on sensor cleaning
09-23-2018, 01:10 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
" The pictures are now completely clear. I could feel some things blowing out onto my hands when I used the blower "

Good for you that you have solved the problem.
I miss look the picture where the dust is located, I thought all was dust.
09-23-2018, 11:03 PM - 1 Like   #19
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The other item I'd suggest adding to the kit is a loupe, so you can see the dust on the sensor on those occasions when you have to resort to a gel stick or wet cleaning. The best ones have a slot or other space for the stick so you can use the loupe and stick at the same time.