Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2018, 12:28 AM   #1

K-5 internal component replacement - part numbers known?

Hi,
I'm the guy with the damaged lens from the Mono Lake water one thread down. It looks like that water also ate my rear dial, I had washed it out as best as I could with fresh water spray and let it dry, but it never recovered full functionality.

I'm pretty good with electronics (engineer by training) so I have no qualms about replacing the actual rotary switch / encoder but I have no idea what the part actually is.

Does anyone know or have a resource regarding the electrical bill of materials or some place where I can find part numbers for Pentax cameras?

This is rapidly turning into a salvage project...while at it, I also found that the flash release button is broken internally (the peg which pushes the latch has snapped). Are replacements for the plastic button pieces available?

Cheers,
Rafael

09-18-2018, 12:42 AM   #2

Try US Camera. They will sell you the service parts list and can probably order the part(s) for you.

Downloads Pentax | Pentax K-5 Parts List Download | USCamera parts +USCamera

QuoteQuote:
Parts lists are one of the most valuable and useful tools for many technicians. Provides you part numbers/descriptions for replacement parts and exploded views which can help with disassembly and reassembly.

Please Contact us with any questions or part requests.

Do you need replacement parts for your Pentax imaging equipment? Does your flash, camera, lens or battery pack have a broken or missing part?

USCamera has sold Pentax and other imaging equipment spare replacement parts online since 1998. We have thousands of part numbers in stock. The most requested parts are battery covers, lens mount screws, shutter units, wind gears, wind levers, focusing screens, flexible printed circuits, flash shoes, gears, SD card slots, screws, top covers, camera body rubber cover, rubber thumb rest, rubber hand grip, card doors and more for film and digital products.
09-18-2018, 12:45 AM   #3

Original Poster
Never mind: The dial appears to be an Alps EC05E1220401

Internal plastic button question is still outstanding, I'll write them and see. Thanks for the info!

R