Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-30-2018, 04:37 AM   #1

Trouble :PENTAX k1 - flashing red numbers

While shooting the milkyway lastnight for some reason my settings on the display starting flashing red, aperture, ss, and iso I have shot night a bunch and never seen this before I was in manual mode went to bulb and it didnt do it any help would be appreciated. Note the camera still worked but didnt know if it was something I did or didnt do?

09-30-2018, 04:56 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The camera will do this in very low light. It means the light level is below what the exposure meter can measure.
09-30-2018, 05:43 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
The camera will do this in very low light. It means the light level is below what the exposure meter can measure.
That's funny because I never noticed before but that's cool I thought it was a problem, thanks you so much, I've been shooting the Milky way about 8 times this year just didn't notice it before, and it's really dark on cape hatteras seashore, thanks again very much appreciated...

09-30-2018, 08:26 AM   #4

On all the bodies the F-stop and shutter speed will flash when there is insufficient light for an exposure.