Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2018, 09:51 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Firmware upgrade in K-1

Hi,
I bought K-1 with the first version of the firmware. I wanted to update it, I found a way to proceed. Unfortunately, when I start the camera with the "menu" button pressed, the update screen does not appear. I see a normal screen all the time like when taking pictures ...
I have the correct update file on the card, a charged battery ... and nothing.
Maybe something is blocking this update about what I do not know.
Can you help?

10-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #2
Pentaxian

On the card you should see fwdc228b.bin and the DCIM folder. Make sure it is in slot 1.
10-10-2018, 11:26 PM   #3

Original Poster
The card is in slot 1. And I'll try to upload this file once again. Now I was loading it through the camera (I do not have a card reader by my PC).

---------- Post added 10-11-18 at 06:57 AM ----------

I still have such a doubt whether the firmware 1.0 can immediately upgrade to 1.5?
10-11-2018, 12:15 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
A .bin file should be extracted on the root of the empty and formatted card. It's very essential, you follow the instructions.
It it's easy to get mixed there, if you haven't done it before.

10-11-2018, 05:29 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jerezano Quote
The card is in slot 1. And I'll try to upload this file once again. Now I was loading it through the camera (I do not have a card reader by my PC).

---------- Post added 10-11-18 at 06:57 AM ----------

I still have such a doubt whether the firmware 1.0 can immediately upgrade to 1.5?
Slot 1 is the furthest from the back of the camera.

Firmware 1.5 can be installed straight onto v 1.0

I suggest you get a card reader.
10-11-2018, 10:34 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Check these troubleshooting steps:
Pentax Firmware Update Guide - Tutorial Videos | PentaxForums.com

It's usually an issue with the file itself- i.e. it being correctly named, extracted, and placed.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-11-2018, 11:30 AM   #7

Original Poster
I did it !!!
I made a mistake because I had a loaded bin file to the DCIM folder (it remained after the card was formatted in the camera). After uploading it to a completely empty card (I removed the DCIM manually after the format) soft 1.5 very quickly update to the camera.
Thank you all for your help !!!

10-11-2018, 12:49 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
There is no need to remove DCIM! Just place the fwdc228b.bin file beside it, not inside it. You should rebuild DCIM by formatting in camera.