Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2018, 04:34 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Sigma λII MF 75-300mm f4.5-5.6 disassembly/cleaning.

So my ebay gamble arrived and unfortunately it turned out that the fungus mentioned was more widespread than I hoped. There are no tiny fluffy patches, but here is some on at least one of the inner elements in addition to the aperture ring possibly needing some TLC to resolve some stiffness. Now, I know what tools I'll need. However, I'm not sure how to properly disassemble it.

So does anyone know where I can find disassembly instructions for the lens? Since this is supposedly one of the Carl Zeiss Jena Zoom's that Sigma made, disassembly instructions for the 75-300mm MF model would also be appreciated.

10-23-2018, 02:18 PM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
Well, my JIS set arrive today and I took a stab at disassembly.

The good news is that I have a better idea how this lens goes together.

The bad news is that I removed some of the lubricant and now the focus is stiffer.

The ugly news is that I have an idea why this lens was so cheap. It looks like either someone decided that tight was not enough when it was assembled or they had rusted shut over time. It was bad enough that I had to carefully bore out one of the screws and I gave up when three more showed signs of not budging. D:
10-25-2018, 07:17 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Out of curiosity, aside from the mounts, are all Sigma λII 75-300mm f4.5-5.6 MF's basically the same? I'm thinking about getting a second one as a parts source. However, there are currently no cheap Pentax ones on eBay right now and I'm hopeful that the second one could create a single good lens.