Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2018, 12:12 PM   #1

Image sync app not avaiable

Hi
I have uninstalled Image sync and when i try to reinstall it from Appstore, i cant find it. When i try the link on Ricohs downlode site, it does not work. Does anyone knows what the problem might is?
/Per

10-20-2018, 12:35 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Too many bugs in the latest version, a new version will be available on Monday: Image Sync / APP / DOWNLOAD / SUPPORT | RICOH IMAGING
10-20-2018, 02:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

( android phone ) My old image sync is dark blue color and after upgrading the color is light blue. The old icon app do not work. The newly installed app is found under apps and swipe ( search ) to the right another image sync app is available and this work well. What is your phone?
10-20-2018, 03:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Penview52 Quote
( android phone ) My old image sync is dark blue color and after upgrading the color is light blue. The old icon app do not work. The newly installed app is found under apps and swipe ( search ) to the right another image sync app is available and this work well. What is your phone?
I'm not quite sure what all this means, but the OP is talking about Apple, not Android.

On Android my imagesync app is already updated to v2.0.1 and is just as useless as it has always been. There is no other one, swipe right or otherwise.

The whole imagesync debacle is an embarrassing fail. For a serious tech company to be incapable of making a working app to transfer image files over wifi is frankly laughable. There is a fan-made alternative that works 100x better (as in it doesn't crash the moment you look at it)...how sad to have to resort to that.

10-20-2018, 04:28 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by victormeldrew Quote
I'm not quite sure what all this means, but the OP is talking about Apple, not Android.

On Android my imagesync app is already updated to v2.0.1 and is just as useless as it has always been. There is no other one, swipe right or otherwise.

The whole imagesync debacle is an embarrassing fail. For a serious tech company to be incapable of making a working app to transfer image files over wifi is frankly laughable. There is a fan-made alternative that works 100x better (as in it doesn't crash the moment you look at it)...how sad to have to resort to that.
What is the fan made one?
10-20-2018, 05:24 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
What is the fan made one?
Indeed. I would like to know about that one too!
10-21-2018, 01:14 AM   #7
Veteran Member

PentaxPhotoSync

10-21-2018, 05:33 AM   #8
Pentaxian

It does actually work on my iPhone 6s but not on my iPad (same sw version), the challenge when testing is to identify all the combinations of sw and hw versions and then have the possibility of testing all combinations.
Heck, with the newest iOS12, my iPhone won’t charge when in sleep mode - talk anout a flaw of dimensions.
10-21-2018, 06:32 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Victor - sorry to hear that your iphone doesn't work with image sync app. The problem is somewhere that I do not know.

Pentaxphotosync is a paid app and this is not a free app from real Pentax/Ricoh.
10-21-2018, 10:35 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Penview52 Quote
Victor - sorry to hear that your iphone doesn't work with image sync app. The problem is somewhere that I do not know.

Pentaxphotosync is a paid app and this is not a free app from real Pentax/Ricoh.
The problem is in the app. In Play Store it has one of the lowest ratings I have ever seen, with hundreds of 1* reviews saying the same thing...open>crash, connect>crash, transfer>crash, open image>crash.

Ricoh ImageSync is not a free app either, the cost is included in the price of the (very expensive) camera. PentaxPhotoSync is the price of a chocolate bar, but has the massive benefit that it actually works.
10-23-2018, 04:24 PM   #11

Ricoh ImageSync is not a free app either, the cost is included in the price of the (very expensive) camera.
Ricoh bills the GR as "the pinnacle in snapshot cameras," but I would assume a lot of people want to share their snapshots immediately to social media. If Image Sync is the best the company can do for sharing photos, that's really awful. I'm reluctant to plunk down $800 or so for a Ricoh GR III if the company can't do better than this.
10-23-2018, 04:48 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It works perfectly for me on Android.
10-24-2018, 03:45 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
It works perfectly for me on Android.
I think it depends on the Android version you're using. It seems that all versions worked up to 6.0, then things started to unravel. Even now on the Ricoh website, they state support is only for Android 4.4 to 6.1 - which is some way behind the v9.0 which came out in August and the v8 that I'm on. Android 7 came out in August 2017, so it has essentially been abandoned for over a year.

---------- Post added 10-24-18 at 03:49 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by larryaustin3 Quote
I would assume a lot of people want to share their snapshots immediately to social media.
Indeed. Eric Kim's whole social presence is based on GR>ImageSync>Share.