Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2018, 08:08 AM - 1 Like   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jaydeep Quote
Thank you everyone for the encouragingcomments. ...
Good captures. Welcome to Pentax world. From your pics I think you are from India/Karnataka. Is that Jog falls?
Do check out India Pentax Google group if you want to interact with other Pentax users in India

10-28-2018, 10:33 AM - 2 Likes   #32

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by onlineflyer Quote
Welcome to the Pentax club, Jaydeep, and congratulations on your K-70. You have received a lot of good information, especially from mikesbike. The one thing I would add is shot a lot and often. Don't be afraid to make mistakes because you will learn from them. Don't be shy in asking questions on the forum and please don't forget to post your photos.
Thank you so much onlineflyer. I am surely going to play around a lot. After all it's learning that matters. Who wants a reward of best photographer when I can have fun making mistakes and that too the ones which don't hurt any one.

---------- Post added 10-28-18 at 10:39 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by siva.ss.kumar Quote
Good captures. Welcome to Pentax world. From your pics I think you are from India/Karnataka. Is that Jog falls?
Do check out India Pentax Google group if you want to interact with other Pentax users in India
Hello Siva. Yes I am from India. Actually I used to stay in Bangalore but now residing in Ahmedabad. The water falls are Lingmala water falls near Mahabaleshwar in Maharashtra. I will surely look out for Penatax India group we well. Glad to have an encouraging start.

---------- Post added 10-28-18 at 10:54 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
As Mike mentioned, how you are holding the camera is important. The mode dial on the left is rarely going to bother you also if you get a camera setup that way.

Here is a good video on holding the camera: How to properly hold your DSLR camera! *QUICK TIP* - YouTube
Thank you for sharing this video UncleVanya. When I was finalizing b/w K-3ii and K-70 this is exactly what I had on my mind. Being left handed I really didn't want to use my left hand for any other purpose than holding the camera. I am just more comfortable not using my left hand at all to manage the camera. I tired to visualize myself (That was the only way. The city I live in doesn't have a single Pentax seller) using both, I realized that I'll get irritated using my left hand for any thing else. There were just too many buttons on right. No offense, it's just a matter of personal comfort. My belief is that a camera is just an extension of photographer's vision and body, for me it is essential that I feel the same way and continuously hold it with my left hand (till I decide to end the session). It's probably an emotional thought or a bias or a mental block of how I connect with the piece of equipment that I want to enjoy using. Thank you so much for sharing the video. I think of myself as photography illiterate, I guess at least now I know that I already knew how to hold the camera.
10-28-2018, 04:42 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
With the k-3 I use my right hand to change the mode dial sometimes. Frankly I rarely change the mode dial.